xi.

I WENT ABOUT THE NEXT FEW DAYS WITH AN UNBEARABLE PAIN IN MY CHEST

I WENT ABOUT THE NEXT FEW DAYS WITH AN UNBEARABLE PAIN IN MY CHEST. An overwhelming mix of loneliness and guilt. When I would walk past Lucía's room, chills ran down my spine and the pain only got worse. The house felt so empty. I don't think I have ever felt more alone in my life.

I have never missed Lucía's annoying nagging more than I do right now. I miss her laugh and her smile. I miss how she would randomly burst out singing sometimes. I used to think that was so annoying but now I would do anything to hear her sing one more time. Lucía was my favorite person. She's been my best friend since I was born. She was a part of me.

Now she's gone.

My sister, my best friend, my other half is fucking gone.

I don't think I will ever stop mourning her. I don't think there will ever be a day where I don't long to see her face again. To hold her, to laugh with her. To tell her I love her one last time. I don't remember the last time I told her I loved her. I hope she knows that she was my everything.

I avoided going into Lucía's room at all costs. But a few times I felt like I needed to. Like I owed it to her. Everything was still as it was when Lucía was here. Everything was just like she left it. Her bed still unmade, a few articles of clothing scattered on the floor, her hairbrush on her vanity, and her textbooks still on her desk.

I hadn't talked with my friends in a while. They had sent a plethora of nice messages checking up on me and Gwen's family had brought over some food for us. I didn't feel like socializing because all anyone would bring up was Lucía. I didn't want to talk about it because it made it that much more real.

One day there was an unexpected knock on the door. I got up and answered it because I didn't want to make my mom do it. I was surprised to see Peter there, holding flowers. He looked genuinely concerned. Kind of like he came to see me because he felt bad, and not because someone forced him to.

I walked out of my apartment and closed the door behind me. I needed to get out of there.

"Hey Peter."

"Hey. How have you been doing?" He asks solemnly. His eyes looked concerned and his demeanor seemed genuine.

"I've been better." I give him a small smile. I hate confrontation and being vulnerable around people, so it would be better to get through this by being humorous.

"I know we aren't.. Friends or anything, but.... I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to." I didn't respond immediately because I was taken aback that he even showed up at my doorstep. Let alone showing me kindness when he certainly didn't have to.

"My uncle passed away a few years ago. I know what it's like and I hate that you have to go through it too."

"Thank you, Peter." I do my best to grin at him, biting back tears that are threatening to bubble up in the corners of my eyes from his kind actions. "You didn't have to do this."

"We went to space together," He smiled sympathetically. "Of course I'm gonna be here to check up on you."

"Yeah, we have that connection now." I laughed. "I mean we kicked Thanos's ass together."

"We sure did." Our smiles both faltered at the mention of Thanos, and I felt bad for bringing that up. "Um, if you need any help with school work and stuff, let me know. I'll be happy to help."

"Thanks, yeah... I'll let you know." My eyes drifted to the flowers he still had in his hands. He noticed this and suddenly handed them to me.

"These are from my uh Aunt May, by the way." He explained quickly with wide eyes.

"That's very nice of her." I took the brightly colored carnations from him and gave him a polite smile. "They are very pretty. Tell her my mom and I say thank you."

"Um w-will do." Peter grins before looking over his shoulder. "I'll see you around?"

"Yeah, see you later, Peter." I give him one last smile before retreating back into my apartment.

.•¤۞¤•.

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS DRAGGED ON SO SLOWLY. I guess in mourning, every day feels like a year long. We had Lucía's funeral and I don't remember much other than it was very long and my nose burnt the whole time.

A lot of people showed up. My family, Lucía's friends, a lot of people from school, and some of my friends. It was so stuffy in that church. I felt like if one more person gave me their half hearted condolences I was going to scream. I left earlier than I should have but I just needed to get out of there.

I walked in the city and the fresh breeze helped me feel a bit better. The bustling atmosphere was somehow calming. I didn't know where I was going, but it definitely wasn't home. After walking around for a little bit I found myself knocking on Peter Parker's door.

He opened the door, still in the dress clothes he wore to Lucía's funeral.

"I don't want to bother you. Seriously, its all just... its a lot."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

sorry guys this chapter is shorter than the last few, but I promise the next few chapters will make up for it!

this is also officially the end of act 2, thanks guys for sticking with me for this long! you're support means so much to me!

CJ