I - DIE TRYING

          EIRA DIDN'T SEE HERSELF AS A MATERIALISTIC PERSON. In fact, she could care less about if the clothes she wore were in season or not, or if she owned the latest piece of designer jewelry. Shopping to her was simply a pass time, an attempt to find something that would fill the large void in her heart. Though, she knew deep down that none of it ever would. If her heart was a jigsaw, it was missing a piece. The most integral piece at that, and she'd do anything to get it and complete the puzzle. Yet, it was easier said than done, especially in the case of Eira Johansen-Mikaelson. From that day they'd very first met, Kol Mikaelson had became her other half.

They were only kids when they met, and their meeting was completely accidental. Her mother had sent outside to play, and Eira's attention was instantly taken by the flowers surrounding their village. All of them different bright colors, freshly bloomed and full of life. To sum it up, they were beautiful. So an idea formed in Eira's mind, and soon enough, she was walking around with a basket hanging from one of her arms. She got to work picking flowers, one of each different color, and putting them in the basket to take home with her. She could already picture them in the center of the small table in their home, in one of the small jugs her mother said were too nice to use as anything but decoration. Eira only paused for a moment, she couldn't exactly remember why, and then it happened. In a blink, she was a laid on the ground, someone with a head of messy brown hair on top of her.

Their eyes met, and a ramble of apologies began to tumble from his mouth, but he stopped as when he clocked the look on Eira's face. A big smile that spread from ear to ear, showing the small gap between her two front teeth. The sight of her smile made him smile back, his cheeks going red as he lent forward to brush some hair from her face, which made her giggle. After she placed one of the many flowers she'd picked in his hair, they ended up sat together in the grass they'd fallen over in, talking and making one another laugh. Kol making no effort to remove the pink flower from his hair the entire time he was with her.

She missed him.

Sure, they had spent time apart from one another in the past, but this was different. In the past, it would only be a few days before they were joined at the hip once again. Yet, it had been over a century since she'd last seen him. A century without the feeling of his lips on hers, or the warm feeling she'd get when his fingers were entwined with hers. The thought made her twist her wedding ring around her finger, looking down at it with a sigh. A century of running, hiding from those meant to be her family, trying to find a way to bring him back. It was a task easier said than done, when her brother-in-law held onto the coffin that housed him, and a mystical set of daggers capable of putting her into the exact same state. A fate Kol didn't want for her. Eira knew what being daggered was like, she'd experienced it before. It was a cold, dark feeling. Black and nothingness, with no light at the end of the tunnel, until Klaus sees fit to pull the dagger from your chest. Daggers that couldn't even be used on him, which was another obstacle in her way of getting Kol back in her life.

"Eira Mikaelson?" Eira's eyes lifted up from her ring, raising a brow at the stranger now stood in front of her. He looked at her blankly, holding out an envelope to her. "This is for you."

Her eyes searched the the lobby of the hotel she was staying in, knowing very well at this point when someone was compelled. Yet she didn't see anyone that stood out to her. Looking back at the stranger, she narrowed her gaze. "Who gave you this?"

"All I know is that I'm meant to give this to you." He answered simply.

Eira glanced at the envelope, glancing over the handwriting her name was written in. Almost instantly, she rolled her eyes, taking it from him. "Of course." She muttered, paying no attention as the stranger walked away.

Like she expected, the letter inside was written in the same familiar handwriting, which was impeccably neat.

   Eira,

   I suppose you must have a lot of questions about how I found you. Truth be told, I have been searching for you for a while, though Niklaus put my plans on hold for a while. I understand I am probably one of the last people you want to here from, given all that happened the last time we saw one another, but I hope you will be willing to see that past that.

   I expect you have heard Niklaus managed to break his curse, and he has now taken residence in Mystic Falls. There is a lot going on within this town, too much to explain within a letter. We are holding a dinner, to broker peace with some enemies he has managed to make within the town, and I hope you will be willing to join us. I have more planned for the evening. Events I know you will want to be present for. I give you my word, it will be a trip worth making. Tomorrow night, Mystic Falls. You will find more information attached.

   I do hope to see you there.

   Elijah.

Just like he said, she turned the paper to see the exact address was written, along with precise time. She knew it could all be a trap, Eira wasn't stupid. Yet as she read the letter, she had hope. This was her shot to finally bring him back, and she knew she had to take it. Her eyes glanced to her ring, and in that moment, she knew that her mind was made up. She was going to bring Kol back, even if she had to die trying. 

I hope you all enjoyed!