"Man, up Sebastian! Don't be such a child!"

He flinched at the thought of his father above, him, ruler in hand. He dropped the tablets as he grabbed his chest trying to calm down.

"Don't be so pathetic Sebastian!"

"He's dead... He can't hurt me..."

He took deep breaths. His father's voice slowly disappeared. He hates feeling like this. Worthless, fragile. He felt pathetic.

"Dad? Dad!?"

He quickly turned his gaze to the bathroom door, seeing his eldest son Dee coming inside. In a flash, Glam closed the door.

"Dee, I locked the door for a reason"

The other end was silent for a moment before a voice was heard.

"I was knocking and calling for a while, I thought something had happened. Everything okay?"

Glam quickly hid his medication before putting the panel back in place.

In the heat of the moment, he hadn't realised the panel wasn't in place.

He fixed himself up in the mirror and opened the door, facing his now concerned son.

"I'm very sorry Dee, I must have been half asleep. What are you doing awake?"

The smaller man did not seem convinced but decided to speak anyhow.

"I needed to use the bathroom. Please excuse me"

Glam stepped away as his son closed the door, hearing a loud click as the lock was turned. He took a sigh of relief, hoping he'd fooled his son. Dee has always been inquisitive about things and Glam hopes he doesn't pry any further.

Being unable to get any sleep for the rest of the night, Glam decided to sit in his office and get some work done. He spent hours just sitting at his desk getting lost in thought. He debated playing some music, even his favourite song. But decided against it as he did not want to wake his family. He spent some time reading his book before his eyes laid on a violin briefcase in the corner of the room. His breathing started to get uneven as the memories replayed themselves.

"Chords are given in d f sharp and a. In what key will this chord be dominant?"

"G major?"

The disappointed look his father gave made Glam tense.

"And minor..."

Whack!

He quickly shook his head, trying to erase the memories from his mind. The bracelets on his right hand shook at the sudden movement revealing some of the scars his father had left. He looked at it for a while, sighing quietly as he moved his bracelets back in place. For the next hour or so, Glam decided to have a wash and get dressed before heading to the kitchen and preparing breakfast for his family.

For a moment everything seemed peaceful. The sun started to shine from the windows, birds started to sing and the smell of the bacon sizzling in the pan was more than enough for Glam to hear his family waking up. He started humming 'We're not going to take it, by Twisted Sister'.

He put the food on the plates and placed them on the table. He then decided to make coffee for himself and his wife. He knows Victoria cannot do anything without her morning coffee to start the day.

"Morning Dad!"

He looked over his shoulder seeing his youngest heavy run in the kitchen. Bag in hand, ready for school like always.