۰22۰ Bombshell/ حیرت انگیز

Start from the beginning

"Ahad?"

He looked up at the sudden voice and stood up at the sigh of her. Her mask of indifference was back and he noticed another presence between them. It was the lady doctor that Sawera consulted with.

"I'm done. We should leave."

Saying that, she started to walk in the direction of the exit. Ahad, who was still wary of the entire situation, asked the doctor for confirmation

"Is she alright? Is she ill or something like that?"

The doctor, Dr. Zeba, smiled politely at him and set his worries to rest.

"She's absolutely fine. She just caught a minor flu and it fatigued her muscles. All she needs is rest."

Hearing the doctor, his worry calmed down several notches. Thanking the doctor, he too walked out of the hospital and sat in the car.

"Let's go to the company. We'll be late for the meeting."

He looked at his grandmother and nodded. A silver of worry clouded his heart because Sawera rarely visited ever since he took over. Maybe she was satisfied with everything. He hadn't told anyone about the incident excluding Sahar who too just knew fractions of details. He kept it to himself and currently an investigation was in process to find the cause of the fire. He steered the car in the company private parking lot and slid the door open. Sawera too got out and they entered the company. Many heads turned in their direction, some in surprise, some in shock. They both silently entered the elevator however a strong aura of confidence excluded only from their presence alone. The elevator dinged at the seventeenth floor and they got out. His assistant was already waiting for him. Her eyes slightly widened at the figure of Sawera, but she masked it up perfectly.

"Good morning Sir and Madam."

She politely greeted them and told Ahad

"Everything is ready for the meeting."

He nodded his head and walked to the meeting hall along with his grandmother. As soon as they entered, the entire hall got silent. No one was expecting the CEO to come herself for the meeting. Even Zafar seemed surprised as well. Everyone stood up and greeted her while she only acknowledged them with a little tip of her head. Zafar's eyes darted to Ahad for an explanation, but he was just as clueless as everyone else. He quietly took his chair and sat down.

"What are the updates on the ongoing drug?"

Ahad briefed her onto the details and she looked satisfied with the outcome.

"The drug will hit the market in three months time."

Ahad announced and everyone was happy. Sawera nodded her head and then directed her eyes at no one in particular

"What about the fire that took place in the labs? Any updates?"

At her question, everyone's lips were glued shut. No one expected her to ask the question. Her stern eyes darted to Ahad and stared into his eyes with such accusation that he felt guilty for a second for keeping the incident from her.

"The investigation is still in process. We don't know for certain, but I think it has something to do with the chemicals. Maybe they weren't checked properly."

Sawera nodded her head and faced everyone else.

"I've come here to announce something very important to you all."

Every ear perked up at her statement and focused on her attentively.

"I hereby announce that I'm stepping down from this position. I think it's time we have a new figure leading this company. Someone trustworthy and capable to handle the stress and challenges that come with this position. With a new mindset and broader outlook"