Within the walls of Hyria

The wind from the north perpetually agitated the surface of Lake Neitiš, creating minor waves that either dissipated on the southern shore or broke on the cliffs of the rocky island that was situated approximately in the middle of the water, slightly to the west. With a diameter of approximately half a mile, the island reached an elevation of over three hundred and twenty feet. As the defensive works progressed, the natural formation became integrated with the walls and towers constructed on it. In order to gain access, one was required to pass through the Thura Thular, otherwise known as the Queen's Gate. This was situated at the end of a wharf leading to the docks of a modest harbour, and provided a paved road wide enough for two carts to manoeuvre, up which one could ascend to the fortress.

From one of the eight windows of Hyria's tallest tower, which was circular in shape, the entire northern shore of Lake Neitiš could be observed, including the city of Türsenìe, the capital of the kingdom of Eteria. Despite the stormy conditions, the city was illuminated by a few remaining torches: on the shore, a river port was situated, its wharves lined with boats and ships displaying the banners of both Eterian cities and neighbouring kingdoms, moving in a manner analogous to that of whips in the strong wind. However, upon lowering one's gaze, one could discern the outline of the stone bridge that spanned the narrow channel connecting the small harbour of Hyria to the formidable gateway of the fortress. In the north-west direction, the defensive towers of the town of Vilthi, situated at the foot of the Mulaken Mountains, could be observed. The Fulχuchna River, the longest river in the entire region of Illerya, originated from the glaciers of the aforementioned mountains. After traversing a short distance through the Kingdom of Mrogax, which is located to the north of Eteria, the river continued its course to the north-east. There, it merged with the Ascreum Sea, situated in front of the sandy shores of the Principality of Aintziria. In contrast, the Fulχi, which originated in the same mountains, traversed the plains to the west of Eteria and continued southwards, ultimately flowing into the Jawira. The latter originated from the slopes of the mountain ranges of the kingdom of Valmonte, to the west, and after bisecting the continent, reached the strait of Fretum, situated in front of the fjords of the Kingdom of Ostlunda.

The shortest of the śveś zalχi, known as the Three Brothers in the common language, was the Türs, which formed the only tributary of Lake Neitiš. The capital of Eteria, Türsenìe, was named after this river afterall.

The lake, which is approximately fifty miles long and ten miles wide, overlooks the plains and hills of the Kingdom of Eteria. Due to its access to resources, strategic position and political stability, the Kingdom has become an important centre for trade over time. A considerable number of vessels traversed the river system on a daily basis, bound for Hyria and Türsenìe. The microclimate created by the topography of the region enabled Eteria to produce abundant harvests, while the rivers provided continuous access to water for irrigation and transportation of goods traded with other kingdoms. The landscape was characterised by crops of olive trees, vines and vast expanses of wheat, while wildlife was particularly abundant in and around the extensive Nemus forest, as well as in the thickets of the agricultural countryside.

In the direction of the forest, the outlines of the walls of the town of Taršminias, situated in the funnel-shaped part of the lake, could be discerned. To the south, however, were the three towns that exercised control over the mountain passes of the Gherdania region: Clevśilχ, Rašu and Sëlva.

The towns were situated at an altitude that rendered them invisible from the capital, which were instead surrounded by plains and moraine hills.

The region of Gherdania, situated on the elevated and impassable southern mountains, constituted a natural defensive barrier for the Kingdom of Eteria, particularly in the south-west, where it bordered the Kingdom of Ostlunda. The towns situated on the mountain passes had not been ruled by kings or princes. Instead, each town had declared its independence from the neighbouring kingdoms. Each community had its own language, laws and rulers, who were known as Lords. The towns had consistently maintained a neutral stance with regard to the disputes of neighbouring states. However, they were not averse to engaging in conflict with one another for control of the verdant valleys formed by the rugged mountains.