Chapter 62

Third Person’s Point of View

Melyn and Angelus started dating regularly. After their photoshoots and projects, they will end up eating together, laughing, bonding, and spending time with each other. Some of these times, Scarlet were with them which made Melyn pissed. But Scarlet just shrugged it off. She needs to protect Angelus with this snake.

They are now in the café, just outside the STA building. Angelus goes to the counter to order while the two ladies are looking at each other with a sharp glares in their eyes.

“How does it feels to be a chaperone?” Melyn smiled a bit with a mocking voice.

“Not bad. I’m enjoying watching a snake slowly changing it’s skin. What a sight to see.” Scarlet fire back making Melyn clutch her fists.

“Me? A snake?” She laugh hysterically.

“Yes. I know. Because I saw you looking at Dada Tharn hungrily. Like you want to devour him. Am I right? Yes I am.” Scarlet nodded.

“Well, it takes a snake to know its kind so no wonder,” Melyn calmly spite back. She can’t fight back because she’ll only admit that Scarlet’s accusations are true.

"I'm not like you, I'm Angelus’ best friend. So it is my job to protect him and to let him stay away from you.” Scarlet smirks.

But her eyes widened when he saw someone entered the café. It’s her brother. She saw him ordered in the counter and how his cheeks reddens when he saw Angelus. This slut.

Scarlet shut up when Angelus came carrying their orders. They started eating when Scarlet’s brother passed by their table, carrying a tray with orange juice and a burger. Scarlet purposely trip his legs and all the juice splashes on Melyn.

“What the fuck!!!” Melyn screamed. Scarlet’s brother was shock when Melyn slapped him. “You bastard! Can’t you walk properly?!”

“Melyn! Do you have to slapped him? Look, he’s about to cry! I’m sure he didn’t mean it.” Angelus stood up and pulled the boy away from her.

“Andy, let’s go! What happened?” A fat man came and he ask the crying boy.

“He throw the juice on me!” Melyn shouted.

“I will buy you a new one. Just don’t make a commotion.” Angelus sit back again after the boy and the man left.

Scarlet took a deep breath. She hit two birds with one stone. First, she was happy looking at Melyn like a stinky fish got out of the water. Second is his adoptive, annoying brother. Scarlet felt good enough.

Angelus got pissed and turned off on how Melyn acted. That was an accident but she already throw fit. That’s so unlike her. They ended up in silence.
Angelus sent Melyn home, after ordering someone to buy a replica of her dress today. Angelus stopped the car in front of their accommodation.

“I’m sorry,” Melyn said in her soft low voice.

“It’s fine,” Angelus bitterly said. He felt bad about the boy.

“I’m really, really sorry. Once I saw him again, I will say my apologies. Please don’t get mad at me, Angelus. Please,” Melyn pleaded. She can’t be hated by this guy. Or else her reason to be near Tharn will be gone.

“I said it’s fine. I’m just upset. I will be fine.” Angelus look straight at her.

Melyn smiled sweetly. Then he pulled Angelus and claim his lips, making him stilled. It’s his first kiss. On the lips.

“Sweet. Good night.” Melyn tap his cheek. “Drive safely.” Then she get out of his car.

Angelus was stilled for a bit because of the kiss. Does first kiss always felt like this? He felt something he can’t explain. He calm himself and drive his car, slowly like what his Mama’s order.

Type is busy tapping his fingers on the table. His best friend Francisca with her husband will come now. After years from talking via Internet, they will meet again. He met Francisca in Vietnam. Grace expanded their hospitals there, and by some reason, Francisca handles the construction of the new building. Eventually they became best friends.

“Baby… Will you calm down?” Tharn hold his hand.

Tharn and Sam, Francisca’s husband, became friends as well. Given that Sam was the architect. A few minutes passed, a tall lady in her famous blue suit came in.

Type got up and he waved his hand. “Babe! Oh my gosh! Right here!”

Francisca look on their direction. She pulled her husband towards them.

“I miss you!” Type hugged her tight and she rubbed his back.

“I miss you too, bitch.” She chuckled.

“How are you? You look good.” Type trail his eyes on her. “It’s been three years.”

“Yes. And we had a lot of things to catch up.” Francisca look at their husbands who’s also busy exchanging pleasantries. “The last time we talk online, you looked worried.” They sat side by side.

“There’s this woman who got me triggered,” Type whispered on her.

rancisca raise her hand, making him stop. Then he catch the attention of their husbands. “Boys, why don’t you remove yourselves and find another table? We will talk about something important. It’s a girl thing.”

Sam and Tharn nodded.

“It’s always like this.” Tharn sighs.

“I can’t believe that each time that two would see each other, we will end up getting our own table,” Sam agreed.
“Did we hear complaints?” Type said making the men look back at their wives.

“Not at all. We will order food for the both of you,” they both said in unison then they ask the waiter to find them a vacant table.

Francisca smiled triumphantly. “So, spill the tea.”

Type sighs. “There’s this woman who got me felt triggered.”

“Give me a name.” Francisca slap the table.

“Easy, bitch. She’s Melyn.”

“Okay. Why this Melyn girl got you triggered?”

“She clearly like my husband. I know a snake once I saw one.” Type frown.

“Let me see her. I also know a stinky fish once I saw one.” Francisca smirks.

“That makes us best friends. Visit STA anytime. I’ll meet you there.”

“Huh! She messed with the wrong person. Just tell me if that snake will start to crawl towards Tharn so I can prepare my wide hand. I can slapped her 180 degrees.”

“Let’s stop talking about her. It will ruin our reunion. So how’s life treating you?” Type said, changing the topic.

“Well, I just follow a certain saying of a great woman Philosopher. That when life fucks you hard, just moan. I’m enjoying my life, bitch. So if ever someone messes you up, tell me. I’m bored.” Francisca clicks her knuckles.

“Babe, stop that. You’re freaking me out. Be sweet with me.”

“Sweet my ass.”

They ended up laughing. It felt great talking to a trusted friend. Type forgot Melyn for a while.