Take 27 - Endings and Beginnings

It's incredible how quickly that the right group of talented people can pull off a Hollywood miracle. I had promised myself and the team to make the best out of a bad situation. I think I succeeded.

Lance had wanted Young Tesla's ratings to increase. After Lance's spectacularly public firing from the show, and having his stunt double take over his part, Ethan Eudave – a graduate of CalArts, by the way – brought things to his part that Lance had been lacking since the show's debut in 2020: acting talent and boundless enthusiasm. Under Ethan's leadership, and some really fresh story ideas, it might have another few seasons to go.

Lance had wanted to star in a film based on Young Tesla, written and filmed for free, that made him a lot of money. Once freed from her slavish obsession with Lance, Trina Steele wrote Larko and the Leshy, a script about a young man whose family lived in Tomingaj, that Tesla stayed with to avoid becoming a soldier in the Austro-Hungarian Army. The two young men became friends, with Larko Cholhan being the one who helped the Forest Spirits – not Nikola.

With the assistance of Scarlett doing makeup, and Joy getting a green light from Disney for Ethan's participation, keeping the film students from SFSU and having yours truly in the lead role of Larko, the film will have its debut a week from today, with all proceeds going to the Stoneridge AI Computer Science Scholarship Fund and the rebuilding of the Computer History Museum. This film really will have some international premieres.

Micky and Manny held a long meeting with their superiors, and the WD Secret service will see a tighter but more understanding chaperone service. Tomas and Farhad remain with their employers, but check in from time to time, to keep me posted on my parent's whereabouts. And for news of the Team.

Nina is busy writing her book, aptly entitled "Don't Judge This Book by Its Cover" which will be available in over 20 languages...on its first printing. Scarlett is becoming a trans spokesmodel for Sephora. And she's working on her own line of skin creams. Will she return to CalArts? Absolutely!

I begin freshman year at CalArts in August. But for now, Derek and I...and Luke, who revived as soon as the chip was restored and reinstalled in its automobile chassis, are spending time on our ranch, and making plans on turning it into a free-of-charge summer camp for disadvantaged kids. Derek is being courted by the Marines, and the CIA, FBI, MI6 and other 3-letter espionage organizations. I won't say he isn't interested, but I take it upon myself to convince him – at least twice every single night - to stay while I'm in college.

Which brings me to Mom and Dad. Mom no longer calls me that nickname. And neither will you, if you know what's good for you. As for their professions – they could no longer stop being world-class spies than I could stop loving it when Derek...ah, well, you get the picture. They want me to join one of them. I remind them constantly that I have all the excitement and madcap mayhem I want simply by being in the Performing Arts, loving my Devil Dawg, and being their son.

The summer I really didn't kidnap Lance Hardwood brought this Champion of Order into the mouth and butthole of Chaos. Thanks to the friends I made, I learned that a little Chaos isn't to be feared. It means adjusting the way you approach things. You learn to improvise. Sometimes you've got to surf, and other times you've got to scuba dive.