☁ You become a Hashira ☁

↫↱ How would they react to you officially being promoted to Hashira? 🤔↲↬

This will be written in a scenario formatting! ( I originally wrote it in a what if like requested but wasn't satisfied with it and rewrote it. ) Reader is a female and will be mentioned in she/her pronouns! Post-Swordsmith Village Arc Muichiro and civilian!au Yuichiro ahead! ( Yuichiro survives but is missing his arm. He lives as a civilian in his brother's manor )

This was requested by the sweet @OperationNightfall! I hope you enjoy this little drabble I put together! :D ( And I apologize for going a little rogue with this.. )

 ↞⇼↠

↫↱Muichiro Tokito↲↬

You had gained your status after Tengen, your master, retired. All of your friends were happy for you and your boyfriend was proud of your accomplishment, but you didn't share their sentiments. To you, it didn't feel like you earned it. Yes, you've had some impressive feats but nothing that would be Hashira-level impressive, y'know?

As a final, loud clack sounds your defeat and your wooden sword goes flying out of your heads, a frown forms on your lips. You had been sparring with Muichiro for a while now and although you tried your hardest, you still lost against him in a one on one battle..

 "You've gotten faster," The boy praised softly, a smile on his face as he walked up to you—who had collapsed on the floor panting.

 "But..I still couldn't..beat you.." You mumbled breathlessly, and as Muichiro helped you up, he finally caught a glimpse at your frown. It makes his smile begin to fade.

 "You definitely gave me a hard time. If I had hesitated for a second, our roles right now would've been reversed," He says, but it does little to comfort you. As your eyes drift over to the practice sword, which now bears a prominent crack, your fist clench.

 "Hey, be honest with me, Muichiro.. Do you think I deserve my title as Hashira?" You asked, voice low and grim, "I mean, it's not like I worked hard like you or posses any kind of unique strengths that would earn me the title like Kanroji or Kocho.."

 "What are you talking about?" He asks you, his once mellowed voice now heightened by confusion, "You have many strengths. And, although they weren't gifted to you at birth, you worked hard to gain them which, to me, is far more impressive!"

 "I remember the days where you'd spend all day training without stopping only to then run around defeating demons at night and coming back without a single scratch on you! There's a reason Uzui took you in as his tsuguko. Your combat skills are amazing—you are amazing to me! And I think you of all people deserved to be promoted!" As he spoke, there was a certain shine in his eyes. A shine that one would have when talking about a warrior they looked up to or  some other role model one would adore.

 "You're just saying that because I'm your girlfriend," You say that, but he catches the way your ears turn a shade darker at his praise. He finds it adorable. 

 "You can tell yourself that, but you could ask any of the other Hashira. I'm sure they'd agree with me," He wraps his arms around your waist and leans his head against your shoulder. As he closes his eyes, he hears the sigh that escapes you—a signal of his second victory.

 "Okay, okay, I get it. I'm awesome..but I still want a rematch. And this time, the winner has to cook dinner."

↫↱Yuichiro Tokito↲↬

After single-handedly defeating Upper Moon Four, there was no doubt in anyone's mind that the title of Hashira was meant for you. Even your skeptical boyfriend had little to say when you were promoted. That doesn't mean that he was particularly happy about the ordeal however..