☁ Calling them "pretty boy" ☁

↫↱ How would they react to you calling them "pretty boy"? 🤔↲↬

This will be written in a scenario formatting! Reader will be referred to in gender neutral pronouns ( They/Them )! For Muichiro's part, this takes place sometime after the events of the Swordsmith Village Arc! For Yuichiro's part, this takes place in an au where he survives and decides to become a medic instead of a demon slayer!

↞⇼↠

↫↱Muichiro Tokito↲↬

The birds were chirping extra loud that morning, making the Mist Hashira's mind wander. As he walked along the path, sword weighing heavy on his hip, there was a smile on Muichiro's face. One that could easily rival the sun that's shining down on him at this very moment.

As the sight of his home grew closer and closer, his smile grew at the beautiful sight. Not so much at the manor itself, but at you, who stood in front of his home with a matching smile and dressed down in what he can only assume is what you wore to bed last night.

The sight reminded him of a bunny who had just woken up.

 "Welcome home," You said when he was in hearing range before getting up and meeting him the rest of the way. As always, you pulled him into a hug, but unlike all the times in the past where he'd stare at you blankly until you let go, he gleefully hugs you back.

As he draped his arms around you, your face goes to rest against his chest. There was a shared silence between you two, a peaceful, comfortable one that neither of you really wanted to break. Alas, things have to come to an end..

As you pull away and gaze up at him, it's as if you've fallen in love all over again. The soft gleam in his eye, the puppy-like expression that compliments it, his lazy smile..all under the radiance of the sun. It was like some kind of work of art, and it was all for you and only for you in this moment. It made you happy just thinking about it.

At some point, your hands had cupped his face and you began thumbing small, light circles into the smooth skin of his cheek. You had been silent for a while, simply admiring his beauty in silence when you finally spoke. In a low whisper, you mumbled to him, "My pretty boy.. So beautiful.. I'm so lucky.."

Muichiro wasn't exactly expecting compliments as soon as he returned home from a night-long mission, but it made his heart flutter nonetheless. As his pale skin stains an equally pale pink hue, he graces you with the delightful sound of his laughter before blessing you with his soft lips on your forehead.

Oh how you both wish to have moments like this last an eternity..

↫↱Yuichiro Tokito↲↬

The sight of the night sky through your window was always a sight you cherished. The way the moon shined brightly in the darkness, accompanied with the starry freckles that litter the midnight hue brought you so much comfort that it was often hard for you to stay awake most nights. No matter how stormy or windy it was, it did little to diminish the soothing effects nighttime gave you—if anything, it amplified it's serenity..

So why is it that your boyfriend always seemed so stressed at night?

He was always up. Being Shinobu's right hand man made him just like her, insanely busy. Whether it be working on new medicines or treating patients or doing chores with Aoi, he almost never stops to rest. Even on nights like this where Shinobu has urged him to take a break and call it a night for once in a blue moon, he simply can't.

Which leads you to your current dilemma; trying to get Yuichiro to go to bed before he collapses.

 "Yuichiro," You softly call, leaning against the desk he's currently glued to, "You really should get some sleep. You've been up for days now."

Your gentle warning falls on worn out ears. Unable to be heard over the satisfying, but noisy stroke of his brush as it glides swiftly against the paper.

From where you stand, one could be fooled into thinking that nothing was wrong and that your partner was simply very focused. However, anyone who knew him could tell otherwise. From the few thin strands that have been left out of place to the way he writes in a hast, as if he fears what he's thinking at the moment will slip from him and never return, it was obvious to you that he was at his limit.

But for some reason, he won't listen to you. He completely tunes you out and continues to write who-knows-what on that paper. It's as if he fears relaxing, to have a breath to himself, and that pains you greatly because you especially know how much he deserves one.

 "Pretty boy, will you listen to me? Please?" Finally, his brush slows to a stop as if you finally managed to snap him out of his trance. You bring your hand over and under his chin to gently turn his head and the sight your met with makes your frown deeply. His eyebags have gotten so deep, so dark, bringing out the drowsiness in his faded teal eyes all the more. He seems paler, but that may just be from the moonlight. Hopefully it's not due to him skipping meals..

 "I promise nothing'll happen if you take a small break," Your thumb brushes lightly against the skin of his chin, "No one will be upset with you for taking time for yourself every now and then. Not Kocho, not any of your patients.. Certainly not me."

 "But.." He even sounds like he's on the brink of passing out. Like he's treading a thread between consciousness and unconsciousness. It's low, slightly slurred and too tired to convey any kind of emotion. And yet, he still attempts to convince you that he isn't sleepy. It's cute but ridiculous, you think.

 "No buts, lets get you in bed before you fall out on me," Whether it was the lack of sleep catching up to him or something you said catching him off guard, Yuichiro didn't fight much at all when you grabbed him by the arm and hoisted him up nor did he protest any further as you guided him to his bed..

And only when he came in contact with the soft cushion of his pillow did he give in at last. Allowing his body to rest as he drifted off to dreamland. It makes your smile return when you notice..

Because to you, Yuichiro is the prettiest when he's at peace like this.

↞⇼↠

Why does motivation always come to me when I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open? 😒

Demon Slayer is coming back today! Are y'all excited? I sure am!!

Tumblr Link: https://aritsukemo.tumblr.com/