Chapter 25 - Late night visit

Start from the beginning

~~~

Husk and Angel stood a little away from the door as Alastor finally closed it, taking a second to catch his breath. Suddenly, his senses detected company, and his eyes darted to the right, where he saw Husk grinning and Angel waving smugly.

"Have fun then, ma douce?" Angel says with a horrendous French accent. "WOAH!" he dodges a decorative table in the hall being flung at him.

"You two need to learn some manners," Alastor walks across the hall to unlock his door.

"Says the guy who just threw a table at me..." Angel scoffs, "All I'm sayin' is ya both look happy, and you're somewhat less of a dick,"

"What he means is... maybe tell her how you feel," Husk shrugs, "I'm not into the 'meant to be' bullshit, but you two got somethin' special,"

"Ah, well, if I so happen to need more advice from experts such as yourselves, I'll be sure to book an appointment!" Alastor mocks, pushing his door open, "Goodnight, chums!"

Husk and Angel jump when the door slams shut, "talk about denial," Angel crosses his arms.

"Wait until we try to convince Y/n to say something, then we'll be in for some real fun," Husk turns on his heel. "Speaking of..."

"You had me at fun, baby," Angel gives Husk a small kiss behind the ear, making him purr softly. "Was that...?"

"Shut the fuck up," he snaps suddenly, grabbing Angel's hand and pulling him towards his room with a glowing blush.

~~~

Laying in the plush cloud of pillows, you turn onto your stomach to hug the softest of them all. Oh, how you felt like a teenager falling in love for the first time. The energy building at your fingertips, the slight kick of your legs and the unstoppable smile on your face. What were you to do? Curled up in your bed, nothing but him on your mind.

Not even in life had you acted this way. Maybe every so often, but as of late, your actions were filled with a new sense of freedom. Looking to your bedside, you take the picture frame and remove the small snippet of you both, admiring the youth and start of undying admiration.

"How can I sleep like this?" you sigh, annoyed to be overtaken by the haze.

In a sudden decision, you make your way to your door, creeping through the halls. Maybe if you could find something to take your rushing mind off the man across the hall, you could finally rest for the night.

Unfortunately, when you pass through the lobby with a lovesick humming overtaking your actions, a rough knock interrupts all your bliss. So late in the night, you were cautious to approach without a weapon.

Another knock rings out, causing you to summon a kitchen knife in your hand and hold it behind your back, "if it's a salesman, I swear..." Just before another knock, you pull open the front door and scowl at the sight.

Mimzy.

"Oh. It's you," she scoffs.

"Well, I do live here," you never falter your hold on the knife. "What do you want? If it's money, you'll have to find someone else,"

"I don't want money," she pushes past you, "where's Alastor?" she peers around.

"Oh, I don't know, asleep, maybe? It's not like it's the early hours of the morning," shutting the door behind you, you follow her through the lobby. "Drink?"

"Usually, I'd be cautious, but what can little ol' Y/n do?" she cackles.

You roll your eyes and walk to the bar, "you'd be surprised..." You pour her a serving of rye, handing it over in a half-polished glass. "Will you be staying long? I was about to head back to bed,"

"I just wanted to check out this ritzy slob factory. Not like I could miss those hilarious adverts around town!" she downs the drink and shakes the glass for another serving, which you reluctantly give her.

"Everyone will be awake in the morning," you take a deep breath before reluctantly offering, "Will you be staying the night?"

"Ha! No, no, I have... standards," she swipes the bar and finds bits of dirt collated on her finger.

"Lovely..." At this point, it seemed a snack was insufficient, so a glass of rye for yourself it was. "Shall-" Suddenly, you quiet down, turning to the lobby door when muffled noises were heard.

"Oh no," Mimizy's body suddenly cowers, eyes wider than ever.

The noise grew louder as if multiple sinners were starting to collate. "Mimzy!" the faintest yell was heard.

"Mimzy..." you look to the demon with a fiery glare in your eyes, "what the hell did you- Fuck!" just as your building rage had directed to her, a Molotov cocktail smashes through a window, setting a couch ablaze. "Shit!" You open a labelled cupboard.

"Whoops!" She laughs awkwardly, running behind the bar, which you soon hop over with a fire extinguisher.

"Not just whoops!" you yell, extinguishing it. "Oh, you are a dead woman!"

~~~

Mimzy, ah what a menace

- Anna ❤️