Ch 2 - Unexpected Encounters

Please vote and comment!! 🤍🤍IG: authorazia

Sunday came around faster than expected, but it's only been two days since Friday

Today's the day of my parents' friend's celebration for their son or something like that.

I mean, I'm all for parties, especially if there's good food involved.

But let me spill the beans real quick - my mom, bless her heart, loves culture, and so do I, but she just had to make me wear this pink anarkali suit. It's pretty simple, but with all these fancy designs, it's gorgeous. My hair's down, with my kurta hanging over my neck. I love the look, if I'm being honest. But seriously, did my mom have to make me wear this pink anarkali? It's not that I don't like it, it's just... pink.

So, there we were, pulling up to the house. And oh boy, the house? Huge. Not that I'm surprised or anything. But let me tell you, it was like something out of a movie. Decorations everywhere. Top-notch. I'm talking about balloons, streamers, the whole shebang. Did their son go off to war or something? Because this setup was severe, you would think he just returned from saving the world or something.

Good for him, I guess. Now, let's talk about the real reason I'm here: the food. I swear, my mom starved me all morning just for this. I mean, she said we didn't have time to eat because I didn't wake up early cause, you know, I'm not exactly a morning person.

Now, my family's big on respect, so they're making me meet the hosts. So, we got inside, and my mom dragged me over to meet the hosts, who I assumed were these two elder parents. They're about my parents' age. And can I say, the aunt is stunning! And the uncle? It's a total match made in heaven, those two. Seriously, hats off to them.

So, we exchanged our salaams, my parents introduced me, and I hit them with my softest smile. "Salam, auntie, and uncle. Thank you for having me and my family. I hope you're doing well."The aunt replies with a sweet smile and bright eyes, saying, "Oh, thank you, beta. It's always our pleasure. I'm so glad you could come. We're good, good. And my, don't you look beautiful in that dress? Well, I bet everything looks good on you."

Cue a little laugh from me, a few more polite words, and then my parents send me off to find my cousins and siblings.

But guess what? They're nowhere to be found in this sea of people. "Where did they all go?" I muttered to myself, scanning the crowded room.

There was food nearby, and who could resist a good spread? I quickly made my way over and started grabbing a bite of everything in sight. And then came dessert – the best part of any party, right?

But just as I reached for a delectable treat, I was cornered by a group of aunts. "Oh great," I groaned inwardly, knowing exactly what was coming next. It was interrogation time.

"So, when are you getting married?" one aunt chirped, her eyes gleaming with mischief."

"And what about your career? Any exciting prospects?" another chimed in.