Chapter 7

It's only the first week of school, but Ryo is already testing my patience. He constantly interrupts whenever there's a gap in my answer. He always seems to find a way to undercut me. It's annoying. Sarap niyang ibalibag sa kabilang section.

"Violent movies should be censored. Why? Because many young people who watch these movies tend to imitate them," he said.

"It's up to individuals whether they choose to imitate it. As for you, would you imitate such behavior?" Sarkastiko kong tanong sa kaniya. "Kaya nga entertainment, para lang mapanood ang isang tao. Wala naman kasing sinabi 'yung gumawa ng movie na kagayahin mo."

"Entertainment, anong kakambal ng entertainment? Hindi ba panghihikayat? Ano ang panghihikayat? Encourages you to do what you see." Aniya.

Nakakapikon siya guys. "First of all, magkaibang aspeto ang panghihikayat at entertainment. Hindi lahat ng entertainment nanghihikayat." Saad ko.

"The media presents the movies they release, and they have an obligation to protect us viewers from harmful content."

"As an individual, I have the right to choose what I want," I firmly stated. "Being an individual means having the freedom to decide for yourself. You have the right to choose what you want to watch, and you have the freedom to do as you please. If you want to imitate what you see, that's your choice."

"Violent movies can lead to anxiety, stress, and other mental health issues. Censoring violent movies can help us prioritize each other's mental well-being," he explained.

"Mukha ba 'kong may pake?" Sarkastiko kong tanong.

"Ms. Bordeos." Saway ni ma'am Crizlle.

"Okay, fine. Let's talk about mental health then," I interjected. "As I mentioned before, it ultimately comes down to the individual. If they choose to watch movies daily or hourly, that's their decision. Why would you interfere in someone's life?"

"Yes, it may be considered interfering, but is it wrong to show concern? You and I are part of the world, and it's natural for us to care about each other's well-being," I don't really care about your life. Even if you die there."

"You're diverting from the topic. We were just discussing the censorship of violent movies," Ma‘am. Crizlle said.

"Why should we censor violent movies? We watch them for entertainment, right? We watch them to temporarily escape reality and find some happiness," I stated.

"It's because of violent movies that people become aware of bad habits," he tried to explain. "We know that the majority of viewers of violent movies are men, and some men become influenced by negative behavior to the point where they engage in harmful actions towards women. Do you enjoy being a victim of rape?" he sarcastically asked.

Minsan na nga lang magkaroon ng emosyon ang sinasabi niya, sarkastiko pa talaga. Sarap niyang pukpukin sa ulo, bwisit!

"Kaya pa for today?" Natatawang tanong ni Angel sa tabi ko habang kumakain kami sa basketball court.

"Nakakainis talaga ang lalaking 'yon!" Gigil kong wika bago kagatin ang nilibreng sandwich sa‘kin ni Raine.

"Kahit naman ata ako, kung ako ang nasa posisyon mo baka kahit nasa harap si ma'am Crizlle, sapok aabutin sa‘kin ni Ryo." Ani Raine.

Napabuntong hininga naman si Angel. "Mga bhe, debate nga, kaya nga debate it means magbibirahan kayong dalawa. Anong ineexpect niyo? Na kakampihan kayo ng kabilang panig?" Naiiling nitong tanong.

"Bakit ba kasi ako pa ang ginawa niyong representative for girls. Nanggigil lang ako sa lalaking 'yon. Biruin niyo, isang linggo pa lang kaming magkaklase gusto ko na siyang itapon sa kanal." Nanggigil kong wika.