INTROSPECTION

It's not always easy to go back to square one, to feel obliged to live without the presence of someone to whom we've made so many promises and with whom we've shared everything: sadness, joy, fear, love, despair, delight, contempt, satisfaction, resignation, euphoria...

On this All Saints' Day morning, the autumn wind strengthens, carrying with it a freshness that envelops the atmosphere. Leaves whirl in a chaotic dance, while the grayish sky seems to weigh down the landscape. The fervor of the weather appears to have extinguished, giving way to an atmosphere imbued with melancholy and mystery. Dark clouds move slowly, adding a touch of drama to this autumnal scene.

In this stifling day, large drops of sweat bead on Marie-Ange's forehead as she desperately tries to alleviate the heat by dabbing her face with a damp towel. The air feels thick, almost palpable, and the sun shines ruthlessly in a cloudless sky. The moist sensation of humidity weighs heavily on the atmosphere, enveloping everything in sweltering heat.

In an almost empty glass of rum, cigarette butts soak, witnesses of past moments. She, dressed in a square-necked top, finds a touch of elegance in a light lace blouse delicately printed with floral motifs. The ensemble creates a contrast between the casual aspect of the abandoned glass and the feminine elegance of the outfit.

Paired with high-waisted jeans and trendy sneakers, this ensemble bestows a natural elegance upon her, while retaining a candor typical of a young woman abreast of the latest trends. The simplicity of the jeans contrasts with the sophistication of the lace blouse, thus striking a subtle balance between relaxation and style. The sneakers add a contemporary touch to the ensemble, emphasizing its modern and urban character.

Her parents felt a strong urge to be overprotective due to their daughter's first romantic disappointment, which led her to stay longer in the family cocoon rather than fly on her own. They were concerned about her alcohol consumption habits, as she seemed to absorb a significant amount and showed signs of tobacco dependence.

A second-year student at the Academy of Modern Arts, Marie-Ange César was preparing to celebrate her twentieth birthday in exactly two and a half weeks. With a mixture of excitement and apprehension, she contemplated this important milestone in her life, wondering what the future held for her. Her face reflected the determination and curiosity inherent to youth, while her eyes sparkled with a glimmer of hope and promises to come.

Sitting in a bar near the school, she glanced briefly at her watch and read: 10:49. With a careless gesture, she tossed the cigarette butt into the waste glass, thus marking the end of her cigarette break. The slight expression of impatience on her face suggested that she would soon have to return to her school obligations, but she still savored a few moments of freedom before plunging back into her studies.

Marie-Ange grabbed her bag, slung it over her shoulder, and popped a stick of gum into her mouth, to mask the smell of tobacco and alcohol. This quick and almost instinctive gesture betrayed her concern to conceal her consumption habits before returning to her daily activities. Straightening up slightly, she mentally prepared herself to face the rest of her day, determined to leave behind the distractions of the morning and focus on her studies.

With haste, she crossed the street leading to the school and entered the school grounds eagerly. Her step was decisive, her posture expressing renewed determination. She quickly merged into the stream of students heading to their classrooms, ready to immerse herself in the world of learning and creativity that awaited her.