The Tryouts

After class, the boys were on the training field as they were trying out for the schools fencing team. It also just so happens that Kaminari was last years captain of the team, so he was the tryouts as well.

"I don't know about this." Shane said honestly. "Why did you guys even drag me into this? I have something I need to help Douxie with."

"Since when are you and Douxie friends?" Spyro asked in confusion.

"We're all friends, I think." Shane said feeling a little unsure. "Aren't we?"

Spyro and Adrien just looked at each other as they weren't really sure if they were actually friends or not.

"I mean, we've always been there for each other." Adrien said, breaking the silence. "And the seven of us hang out all the time."

"That's true." Spyro said with a nod. "But villains don't have friends. . .do they?"

There was another moment of silence as the boys continued there way to the gym for tryouts. Once they arrived, there was a woman with white hair with a black streak, red eyes, and was wearing a black and white top, black leggings, and silver ballet shoes made from Angelic steal waiting for them. Her name is Carmilla Carmine.

"Why hello boys." Carmilla smiled as she noticed them walk in. "You must be some of the many new kids."

"Yep, I'm the one and only Spyro, son of Aaravos." Spyro said with a cocky smirk. "Douxie used a spell to temporarily turn me human so I can tryout easier."

"My name is Shane the hedgehog." Shane smiled. "My dad is Mephiles the dark."

"And I'm Adrien Agreste." Adrien said with a sudden burst of enthusiasm in his voice. "son of. . . Gabriel Agreste aka. . ."

"Hawkmoth, Shadowmoth, Monarch?" Carmilla asked with a knowing smile. "We're all well aware of the sins he's committed."

Adrien's smile quickly turned into a look of guilt and shame. Carmilla noticed this and lifted his head up so he was able to look in her eyes. "But I know you are not like him." She said before looking at the other students. "None of you are like your parents, that's what Charlie, Vaggie, and I believe anyway."

The boys looked shocked as they didn't think anyone was on their side. Feeling a little awkward, Carmilla quickly spoke up.

"Okay everyone, welcome to sword tryouts. Let's just get straight into things shall we?" Carmilla said clearing her throat. "Spyro, Adrien you're up against Denki and Shane."

"Yes, Coach." The boys said as they got into there positions and the match started. At the same time, music started to play and Carmilla began to sing.

Carmilla: "Let's get down
to business, to defeat the Huns
Did they send me daughters
when I asked for sons?
You're the saddest bunch I ever met
But you can bet before we're through
Mister, I'll make a man out of you
Tranquil as a forest,
but on fire within
Once you find your center,
you are sure to win
You're a spineless,
pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
Somehow I'll make
a man out of you"

Shane: "I'm never gonna
catch my breath"

Adrien: "Say goodbye to those
who knew me"

Denki: "Boy, was I a fool in
school for cutting gym?"

Spyro: "This guy got 'em
scared to death"

Adrien: "Hope she doesn't see
right through me"

Shane: "Now I really wish
that I knew how to swim"

All: "You must be swift
as the coursing river
(Be a man) with all the
force of a great typhoon
(Be a man) with all the
strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon"

Carmilla: "Time is racing toward us,
'til the Huns arrive
Heed my every order,
and you might survive
You're unsuited for the rage of war
So pack up, go home, you're through
How could I make a man out of you?"

All: "you must be swift as the coursing river
(Be a man) with all the
force of a great typhoon
(Be a man) with all the
strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark
side of the moon
you must be swift as
the coursing river
(Be a man) with all the
force of a great typhoon
(Be a man) with all the
strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the
dark side of the moon"

Once the song was over and everyone was done, Spyro cheered and slammed his helmet and sword on the ground in victory. Carmilla sighed and shook her head in disappointment.

"Hey, Spyro!" She shouted. "Come here real quick."

Spyro was a little confused but jogged up to the demon woman. "Yeah, coach?"

"What do you call that?" Carmilla asked, sounding annoyed and angry. Spyro looked behind him and back to Carmilla and noticed a proud smile on her face. "I call that raw talent. Come by after school and I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book, welcome to the team."

"Oh hell yeah!" Spyro exclaimed.

"And you, Agreste." Carmilla said, gesturing for the blonde haired boy to come over. "You're a natural, how would you like to be on the team as well?"

"Wait, really?" Adrien asked in shock. "Y-yeah, I'd love that!"

Carmilla gave a smile and a small nod before turning her attention to Shane and her look went from happy to serious. "You ever thought about band?" She asked, causing the other 2 boys to chuckle a little bit. "I'm sorry, but I don't think your cut out for the team. You have potential though for sure."

"I understand." Shane said with a nod. "I didn't really want to be on the team anyway, they made me tryout."

"I can work with him, Coach Carmine." Denki said as he ran up to Shane's side. "Just give him a chance."

"Okay then." Carmilla said, sounding a little surprised but quickly shoved it off. "By the way, you're going to be team captain again this year."

"Awesome!" Denki exclaimed. "Thank you so much coach!"

"Yeah, yeah, just don't let me down." Carmilla said seriously. "Now it's about time to get back to your dorms, so hurry it up."

To be continued. . .

Song is called "I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan

All characters belong to their rightful owners

All rights reserved