We all hopped out of the vent and into a random hallway. Looking around a guard stood at the wall. He stared at us as we walked down the hallway. Stopping in our tracks we all went silent. We all looked at him as he gave us a confused look. Minho quickly sprinted at him and jumped at him before he had a chance to shoot. Kneeing him in the stomach the guy crumpled against the wall and collapsed. Minho grabbed his gun and held it tightly.

"Damn Minho," Fry said laughing. We all ran down a hallway and turned a corner. Running in front my body slammed into someone. I looked up at the doctor who had monitored me yesterday in our labs. Shit. I gave an awkward smile as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you kids doing out of your room?" She asked.

"We're hungry?" I replied nervously. A loud alarm went off as lights flashed from the ceiling. She looked at us and before she spoke Thomas grabbed her and held her hands behind her back. Minho stood close by with a gun. We dragged her with us as we ran down another hallway. Entering the medic wing we ran quickly. Looking through a glass window my eyes caught Layla's figure lying on a bed. I stopped quickly.

"Wait!" I said running back. Knocking on the door a doctor opened it and stated confused. I shoved the door open and ran in.

"You can't be in-!" The man yelled before Minho held the gun up to him. I ran over to Layla and shook her quickly. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me. I took the oxygen tube off from around her nose as she sat up.

"We have to go," I said helping her up.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"It's WCKD, all of it," I said as she came back to reality. Newt quickly tied the door to a shelf as guards pounded on the door. Thomas grabbed a stool and swung it at the window. I watched as it shattered. He pushed away the broken pieces and hopped over. Minho hopped over too. I helped Layla climb over as Thomas held her. Minho held my hand as I hopped over. His other hand on my waist. Thomas watched jealousy as Minho's hand stayed on my waist. We ran down a hallway and to a large door with a keypad. I grabbed the badge from earlier and swiped it quickly. Red lights flashed as I tried swiping it.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

"Hold on, there might be another way," Aries said running away. I looked at Newt as he gave me a confused look and ran after him. I kept trying to swipe the card.

"It's clearly not working," Thomas said still holding onto Layla.

"No shit Thomas!" I yelled angrily.

"Give it up!" A voice yelled from far away. Turning around I looked as Janson and a group of guards walked down the hall.

"Fuck you Janson!" I yelled back.

"Come on Cassandra! I thought we had an understanding?" Janson asked pleadingly. I shook my head and scoffed.

"Yeah well you fucking failed to mention that you were WCKD," Thomas yelled.

"Fine, that one's on me, but i'm trying to help you here. You won't last a minute out there in the scorch!" Janson yelled. I slowly grabbed the gun from Minho as he looked at me confused.

"Want to bet?" I asked laughing.

"If the heat doesn't kill you the cranks will!" Janson replied. Cranks?

"Yeah well i'd rather die out there than stay here," I said pulling up the gun and shooting. I walked closer as Thomas followed slowly behind me. Janson ducked and hid behind the guards as they held up shields and walked closer. I continued shooting as the got closer. The gun clicked as nothing came out. Shit. It's empty. I chucked the gun at them as it hit the shield. A beep came from behind us as the sound of the door sliding up echoed. A grin tugged at my lips.

"Come on," Thomas said pulling me back. We started sprinting as everyone stood on the other side of the door. As we ran it started shutting. Thomas next to me as my heart pounded. Janson yelled as I didn't even comprehend what he was saying. Everyone in front of us yelled and screamed. My mind flashed in and out from back when we were in the maze. Thomas as I running through the walls as they shut. As the door almost hit the ground we slid under before it shut completely. Sliding out onto the other side I caught my breath as Newt helped me up. Janson slammed on the door as Aries slammed a pole into the keypad. Sparks flew out as it beeped. Janson yelled as his breath fogged up the small glass screen at the top. Thomas and I stood as everyone ran towards the giant doors in the wall. In sync Thomas and I held up our middle fingers as Janson cussed at us.

"I'm going to find you two! I'm going to fucking kill you assholes!" He yelled angrily.

"Thomas! Cassie!" Newt yelled as the sound of sliding doors screeched. Thomas and I ran over to the wall as the giant metal door opened. The sound of howling wind echoed as we ran out. Into the scorch.