Chapter 8: DC's Lectures

(POV: DC)

"I'm only going to ask once. What happened?"

Silence.

I glared at the states. "Did you hear me?"

"It was Flo's idea!" Texas yelled.

"What, no it wasn't! It was your idea!" Flo yelled

"Well it was Flo who roped me into it." NY added

"EVERYONE!"

They quieted down.

"I do not care whose idea it was, I just want to know what happened. As far as I'm concerned, you're all equally guilty."

Silence.

"Fine." Cali said. "We were going to the UN building to explore, we ended up in the vents, the vent cover broke, we fell onto the table, countries were shocked, Dixie showed up, you know the rest."

I sighed. "Why am I not surprised?"

They looked embarrassed.

"Okay, I'm going to be nice. You four have to make the whole house spotless, everything in its place."

"What?! That's impossible!"

"OR, you can be grounded for five years."

...

"Where do we start cleaning?"

"I don't care, just make sure this house is spotless.

"But won't the other states-"

"SPOTLESS. You have four days."

"Yes Mrs Washington DC."

"Don't call me that. Also I'm not married anymore, so it would be Miss."

"Yes Ma'am."

They slinked off.

I sighed.

I give it six days tops until all the countries come over asking to meet us. And I am NOT going to be here when that happens.

I pulled out my phone and texted the two people who I have the most complicated relationships with.

WashingtonDistrictofColumbia: I'm going to be coming to work with you soon.

GOP: Who are you and what have you done with Dee?

WashingtonDistrictofColumbia: You no longer have permission to call me that. We've talked about this

Democratic: I hate to say this, but he's right. You would never do this voluntarily if something wasn't going on.

WashingtonDistrictofColumbia: Neither of you get to know about my personal life. Never again. I will see you in two days. Good-bye.

I sighed.

I can't believe I'm voluntarily hanging out with my exs any more than they can.

__________________________

Word Count: 310

This is a shorter chapter, but I wanted to get something out because I need to say, THANK YOU ALL!! HOW IS THIS BOOK AT 2.21K READS?!?!

(Seriously, if you guys are this starved for countryhumans books, I can give you some recommendations so you don't need to read this shit

(Seriously, if you guys are this starved for countryhumans books, I can give you some recommendations so you don't need to read this shit. I know some good ones.)