2.8. Running Away With It

Comenzar desde el principio

Hugging the touchline on the side of the pitch, he heard rapid footsteps sprinting up right past him. This works, doesn't it? Karasu headed for Otoya, acting like he was going to play a one-two. "To me!"

Otoya must've heard the footsteps on his side too. With a crazy burst of speed, he received the ball, facing off against the tattooed defender. Karasu was on his left, and as expected, he soon came face to face with Aiku. The captain was staring right at him. "You two make a good duo."

The footsteps on the side of the pitch grew louder. The defenders didn't notice.

"Who said we were a duo?" Instead of passing back to Karasu, Otoya nudged the ball to the right. It rolled slowly towards the touchline. Chigiri came in like a steam train, scooping up the ball without slowing and continuing to sprint right down the flank. "Dumbasses. Do you need hearing aids?"

Aiku was already running to cut Chigiri off, but Karasu didn't bother going to help. The princess didn't need help, at all. Because while Aiku was amazing at defence, and had a near perfect view of the field, the wing was the one place where Chigiri was never beaten.

His ponytail flew behind him, pink hair dancing in the wind as he sped up even faster. Aiku was fast, but Chigiri was miles faster as he slipped through the gap between the captain and the touchline.

"And Bluelock is in!" The crowd exploded with noise as Chigiri sped down the flank. His team was filling the goal box, a huge concentration of players ready to receive the ball. "Chigiri Hyoma breaks the Iron Wall in half!"

"That speed is next level for a Japanese player! He's probably the fastest person on this field, even over Sae Itoshi!" It was all white noise to Karasu, as he moved down the centre of the pitch. He was completely open.

While everyone's fighting for the ball in the goal box, if I just slip in behind them, I can get a shot off! The defenders are all marking my teammates, and it looks like the princess will be forced to pass soon...?

Yep. A defender was running right for him. He locked eyes with Chigiri across the field, narrowed pink irises staring at him with a mix of amusement and determination. "Send it, princess!"

"You owe me one!" Chigiri grinned. With a powerful kick, the ball was sent flying right behind the main pack of people, towards Karasu. He leapt forwards to get it...

And was blocked by Sae.

Son of a bitch! Sae didn't trap the ball, bouncing it off his foot. It went into an uncontrollable arc, flying high into the air. Karasu scowled. That was my goal! I planned it all out as well!

"Nice one!"

"Second ball!"

"I'm going!"

The defence scrambled to receive it, but they were far too late. It went straight to Rin, and Karasu huffed with disappointment as he sprinted into the goal box. I can still get a goal, maybe?

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Aiku blocking Rin's path. That was bad for Rin, but good for him. "Rin! I'm still open!" He dashed past him on one side.

Aiku's eyes flickered to Karasu for a second. And instead of passing, that idiot Rin Itoshi decided to dribble to the side. Isagi ran past Rin on the other side, and Karasu internally sobbed. Don't tell me he passes to Isagi and not me!

Turns out, Rin did neither. He moved even further sideways, Aiku positioning himself in a perfect spot to stop his goal. He blocked off any chance of Rin shooting with his right foot, forcing him to either use his much weaker left foot or give up the goal to someone else.