2.11. So Obedient?

He'd scored.

Just that thought, repeating over and over in his mind, was enough to fill his entire body with a rush of warmth. Y/N literally couldn't force himself to not be happy. It was just programmed into him, making his blood sing with joy and throat block up from the sheer amount of dopamine flooding his system.

He'd scored.

He had scored.

He'd fucking scored.

Y/N didn't even feel it as he walked back to his own half, in a daze at his own accomplishment. That was it. He'd shown what he could do to probably hundreds of thousands, or millions of people.

Yet, it wasn't enough. He was already itching to score another, his entire body trembling with adrenaline. Y/N was happier than he'd ever been for the past few years, but he knew he could make it even better by scoring more.

He stopped by Sae, the two of them in the middle of the field. Sae's eyes were bored as ever, but he still gave Y/N a nod of acknowledgement for the goal. "You could've scored faster if you didn't stop."

"Oh, I know!" Y/N chirped happily. He hopped from foot to foot, trying to alleviate some of the shaking in his legs. "But then it's boring. More interesting to let them have a chance, right?"

"You're strange."

Y/N didn't even care about what Sae said. He backpedalled into his own half, waiting for them to restart the game. His eyes flickered all around the stadium, but he didn't actually register anything. The only thing he could see was himself, scoring that goal.

Bluelock formed up opposite him. They'd taken a bit of time to discuss, but the determined looks on every single face was almost laughable to Y/N. They really think they can stop me?

They started with the ball. Rin, standing at the front, passed to Isagi. Y/N's eyes tracked the movement, and he began jogging towards them, taking satisfaction in the way they immediately passed away from him. A huge portion of the Bluelock players were going on the attack, it looked.

Rin, Nagi and Isagi formed a sort of triangle at the very front, supported from either side by two pairs of Yukimiya and Bachira, and Otoya and Chigiri. More than half their team was on the attack - and it left their goal incredibly vulnerable.

Like before, they pushed forwards. They hadn't changed their plan, it looked. They would try to break open the U-20 team's defences, cycling through their weapons and controlling the midfield through fast plays.

Bluelock pushed their way up the field. The ball went out to Rin, then to Yukimiya all the way on the right side of the field. One of the midfielders went to meet him, and the ball was moved away, back to the centre. They didn't launch any committal attacks, choosing instead to test the waters.

Y/N didn't try too hard to take the ball away, either. Instead, he just slowly moved towards whoever was closest, playing like a normal person by marking them. His teammates kept up good pressure, though, holding the enemy team back.

They were gearing up for something, though. Even Y/N could tell. Aiku was slowly moving forwards into the centre of the pitch, and the three other defenders had made their defensive zones smaller.

For the next few minutes, Sae slowed down his attacking, letting Isagi and Rin make their way further upfield. The crowd seemed to grasp that they were losing, yelling out encouragement to the U-20 team as the other team managed to bring the ball a good distance upfield.

"Now!" With a yell of command, Bluelock surged forwards. Isagi and Rin sped up their passing, beating one of the U-20 midfielders and running forwards. Bluelock were like hungry animals, each of them starving for their own goals as they all ran towards the goal.