Old Memories

July 26, 2018

"Hello everyone

"Hello everyone." Jaclyn blinks before the camera gazing into her soul despite there being no glare or light to hit her. She fights to keep her hands still at her sides, refusing to fidget with her wedding ring or play with her hair.

"I want to start by saying thank you for all of your well wishes as I start to recover from this difficult pregnancy. Your love has been a continuous support to me throughout these months, and there is no way I can possibly express my gratitude enough." There's no hesitation between her words, the reader keeping perfectly in time with h the speech crafted.

The hospital background is dreary to say the least, but the crew have done their best to spruce it up with the numerous vases of flowers, bringing forth a rainbow of colors behind her. Perhaps, they'll brighten what she cannot, and people will put to rest their woes.

It doesn't matter what she does. No statement, no photo, no announcement can put to rest the panicked people ready to go to war for her. For a cause that is false and started in their own heads. They pillage and sob for her, crusade and mourn for her, yet they won't hear her wishes for privacy. They fight imaginary battles she never asked them to start, and now finally she will ask them physically.

"Back in March I had a horrible accident related to my Ehlers Danlos, and my medical team thought it best to put me on bed rest for the duration of pregnancy. Since then, thanks to my amazing medical team here at St. Mary's and my family, I have been able to push through."

The words exhaust her, going on and on in their pleasantness. She's giving them as much truth as she can but masking it through a pretty dress and a genial smile handling them like she does her toddler who doesn't like to eat certain foods.

Her smile flashes, satin blue eyes shining as much as they can under the sheen of deprecation, and for a second she contemplates what the truth would look like. The truth would be taking the liters of her lost blood and squishing them between her hands showing the world what it's like to spill your soul. Giving them a picture of what they all want to see, she doused in red, endless amounts of liquid red.

It would be explaining the dreadful tearing of stitches in skin that stretches beyond comprehension, and dislocations that feel like fractures. Nightmares that never end, and the feeling of being on the brink of insanity when the whole world wants something from you and it's the one thing you don't want to give.

"Following an emergency C-section Saturday morning, during which I was under general anesthesia, I hemorrhaged, and my body needed time to recover. I appreciate everyone's concern, but I promise I'm doing well, and will soon return to work. Moving forward William and I want to focus on our family, getting to know Alexander and Lillie, who have captured our hearts already, and helping Amelia and Philip adjust with everything that's happened."

"Postpartum hemorrhage is a scary and serious condition, and though our children are young they still knew something was wrong, and upon waking up my priority was centered on helping all of them. I hope you all can understand why helping my children came first and foremost."