Family Matters

The Final Look of Regret
But who said goodbye?

It's been weeks and we still can't get over Prince William and Jaclyn Weber's distanced and silent goodbye. On April 21st the royal family were leaving the Opera House, Prince William forcing his brother out the door only for him to stop the flow of traffic to look at Webber one last time.

The forlorn looks they cast each other, Webber in one corner and William in the other was something straight from a fairytale. Making it hard for us to believe that there was never anything between them as the palace continuously claims.

If you don't know, but how could you not, in July 2000 the prince and dancer met and quickly were seen together all the time. Nearly a year later in May rumours started to fly that William was with Jecca Craig, and in a tumultuous few weeks Webber fled the country and hasn't left Paris where she now works.

Until now, our sources say the prince and dancer met up for one last night together, and that in the end Webber was the one that told him to move on. Based on pictures of the moment in the theater though, we can confidently say they were not ready to let each other go.

May 20, 2005

"Bada boum, plus de four!" Jaclyn gasped lightly, gently falling to the ground releasing the hands of the little kids around her. They spiralled with a bit more chaos giggling and smiling as if they wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Two of the kids, a little girl of two recently diagnosed with PDD and a boy about six with down syndrome, were there for therapy. While the other two kids were visiting in preparation for an upcoming surgery.

"Again!" One of the little girls squealed bouncing up before Jaclyn could even stand. The other kids started cheering in agreement, so Jaclyn stood up linking all their hands in a circle and starting chanting the french nursery rhyme again as the kids shuffled.

"Bada boum, plus de four!" They all shrieked falling onto the play mat spread through the waiting room.

"Lily Ansel," a doctor announced, and the parents of one of the little girls preparing for surgery stood up. Little Lily had other ideas and instead wove herself around Jaclyn's legs. "I don't want to, scared," she sniffed, and Jaclyn sprung upright helping the little girl into her lap.

"I promise there's no reason to be scared." The other children circled her as well apprehension clouding their young bright eyes. Jaclyn stood, adjusting Lily so she was balanced on her hip. "Why don't you tell your parents about the twirl you did earlier?" Lily's mood quickly switched, and as she spoke about her accomplishment (which her parents definitely saw) Jaclyn handed the little redhead over to her mother.

Jaclyn squeezed Madam Ansel's hand encouragingly, and whispered a soft good luck to her husband, the routine cemented in her memory.

As the hour came to a close slowly all of her kids left for their appointments, and were replaced by a new batch until the clock struck eight signalling that her shift had come to an end.

"How was work?"

Leaving the hospital late at night could be dangerous alone, so Joseph insisted on driving over every night to give her a safe ride home.

"Oh, it's not work," Jaclyn laughed, prancing up to him to kiss his cheek. He opened the door to the bug car, and she climbed in. Joseph was possibly one of twenty people who owned a car in Paris, and she had started teasing him that it looked like Herbie the Love Bug.

"Sorry, I forget my girlfriend is perhaps the only person in the world that is completely happy all the time."

Jaclyn laughed, the kind that had to be forced from the body, the kind that hurt and peeled at your insides. Her stage smile flashed in the low street light, and she swore Joseph swerved as he swooned. To him she was always happy, always smiling. He believed to be dating the star he watched dance on stage under the spotlights he turned on. She was perfect to him, no skeletons, trauma fixed, nothing to mourn.