Inside Track Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Just like how you hurt me? If you want to make it up to me, I want you to prove how much you love me," he's practically growling.

"I'll do anything, just please let go, it hurts!"

He releases my wrist, that's already slightly red, and guides me the rest of the way to the bedroom.

The next day I felt like I was just moving through the motions, I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but my struggling marriage and workload have me feeling numb, almost as if I'm drowning.

"I need you to prepare the draft CEO candidate speech for Thursday."

I was lost in my own thoughts till I heard Harvey say that, "Well, I thought you were supposed to back off."

"Yeah, I'm supposed to do a lot of things. I'll call you with the plan on my way back."

"From where?"

"From convincing the man who hates me to do what I say."

"Oh, right. You mean the guy I suggested you go to in the first place. "

He stopped in his tracks, almost out his office door, but turned around, "Do you remember that whole getting it thing I was talking about?"

"What, I can't even gloat?"

"Gloating's fine. You just have to not suck at it."

"Okay. Thank you. So much." I tried to say that as sarcastically as possible, but I didn't realize how weak it was.

Harvey pauses, almost like he wants to say something, but then turns and heads on his way.

I head over to my desk to see two associates standing in front of it laughing at something. I walk over and turn my monitor away from their view.

"Hey, Ross, you left your search for the rookie dinner on your computer. Why don't you just save time and take us to Friday's?"

I just turn towards him and give him a deadpan look, yet his taunting doesn't relent.

"Ooh, ooh, somebody's mad!"

"Devon, looking at my computer is a violation of exactly seven hostile workplace environment statutes."

I'm not in the right headspace to deal with this, I just want to stop this suffocating feeling I have.

"What are you gonna do? Sue me?"

"No. No, no no. I'm just gonna use it as legal cover if I decide to kick your ass."

He glares and then turns and walks away.

I sit down and get to work when I get a text from Harvey saying he's on his way and to be waiting for him in the conference room.

I stand up while I finish reading the text, but get interrupted, "What are you working on?"

I look up and see Ryan, "Um, nothing. Just something for Harvey. Why?"

"Wrap it up. Louis Litt wants to see you. This time he doesn't want to wait," Ryan keeps it blunt and straight to the point as he hands me a folded note before walking off.

I unfold it to see a message not from Louis, but from Ryan that states: 'Louis doesn't want to see you. Meet me at 652 Columbus Ave -8PM. Don't be late.'

I take a look at him walking away, and can't help but crack a small smile.

"Furthermore I feel that with the proper strategic and synergistic alliances moving forward–"