Errors and Omissions Pt. 1

This is one of the weirdest client visits I've had. I'm currently playing air hockey with this tech genius, and losing yet another game.

"What is that? Three in a row?"

"That would be four, actually," he corrects me.

"Oh god!"

"Come on! What do you say, we go five outta nine?"

"So you can keep abusing me? No, thank you. I'm done." I laugh, admitting my defeat.

"Oh, come on! I'll spot you three."

"Game time's over Wyatt, they're here," Harvey cuts in.

"They're here?" Wyatt lost his fun carefree attitude he had while goofing around with me and now looks panicked.

"You can set up in the conference room."

"Yeah, no I'll just...uh..."

Harvey cuts in, saving him from his own panic, "Get set up in the conference room."

With that Wyatt dashes off and Harvey approaches me.

"You did let him win, right?"

"It wasn't easy. The guy has the coordination of a two year old."

No really, I was practically having to shoot into my own goal to lose, he could barely hit the puck.

"I know," Harvey sympathizes with me, "The last time the venture capitalists came in, I took 'em boxing to calm them down. I basically had to punch myself in the face to let 'em win."

I can't not laugh at that. Things seem to have gotten less awkward between Harvey and I the longer we've worked together. It also helps that he gets me coffee on mornings he knows I was up late working. He's a softie at heart, he just refuses to accept that.

"I don't get it. I mean, if he's such a genius, why does he get so nervous around a bunch of investors?"

"Well, you spend two years working on a satellite phone that fits in your pocket and then bet the company on it. You'd be a little nervous too, I think."

That makes sense, and I go to say something but suddenly Wyatt dashes towards us, "The prototype! I can't find it, I don't know where I–"

"You mean this?" Harvey cuts him off and pulls the prototype out of Wyatt's shirt pocket.

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Fail miserably."

"I would."

"Is that the uh..." I trail off looking at the phone.

"$20 million prototype, yes. And you don't even get to look at this bad boy until after we close the deal today."

I start to sulk before Wyatt gets distracted by the investors coming in, "Wow, they're like storm troopers."

"Storm troopers don't write checks," Harvey reminds him, "Now all you've gotta do is walk in there, show them how the phone works..."

"Right, and Suntech Digital will be a new force in global communications."

"Let's knock 'em dead."

I follow behind Harvey who is guiding Wyatt to the conference room. I can tell Harvey's trying to keep him from wandering off or stressing out.

I go to enter the room behind them when Harvey stops me, "Woah woah woah, where do you think you're going?"

"Into the room with the people?" I say as more of a question than a fact, a little confused.