Inside Track Pt. 2

*Trigger warning, implied forced consent*

I knock on Ryan's office door and pop my head in, "Hey, you busy?"

"It's 7:00. I'm not here 'cause I like the view. And when I say "The View," I'm referring to your face."

I take a seat, across from him, "That's funny because I'm hideous."

"What's up?"

"You're a foodie, right?"

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you are the only person I've ever seen order a shrimp, red pepper, and goat cheese pizza."

"Well, right, but without the pepper, what connects the goat cheese and the shrimp?" he sighs, coming to the realization, "I'm a foodie."

"Okay, so I need your help finding a restaurant for the rookie dinner."

"Well, that's unfortunate. But I'm swamped, and I don't have time to teach you about cuisine."

"Well, no, don't make me remind you that you owe me one."

He stands up to put away some files, "How's that?"

"You told Louis I was working on Harvey's case before his."

"Because you told me to."

"Well, now I'm telling you to help me with my dinner."

"Mmmm. Good luck with that." He smacks me on my shoulder and walks out.

"You're not gonna help me with my dinner?" That's when I realized he left, "Now I'm talking to myself."

I'm lounging in my home, alone, when I hear a knock. I jump up and answer it to see Trevor.

"Did you forget your key?"

"Yes," he huffs, clearly annoyed as he shoves past me to get inside.

"What's wrong? Bad day at work?"

"Why the hell do you care? Huh? You go to your fancy lawyer job, which you don't even deserve, and ignore me until it's convenient for you to acknowledge you're married."

I can tell me bailing on our plans so frequently is hurting him, but I can't just skip work.

I walk up behind him, standing on my tiptoes so I can rest my chin on his shoulder, and I wrap my arms around him. "Just give it a little longer, once I figure everything out you'll wish I was out of the house more."

He shrugs me off, "Are you even listening to me? You just abandon me, time and time again, it's like you don't even care. You definitely don't feel sorry, ever."

"What do you mean I don't feel sorry ever? I feel awful, I come straight home when we have plans, and I do everything in my power to make it up to you!"

"Oh, so when we don't have plans you go and hang out with other people instead of coming home to spend what little free time you have with your husband? They guy you supposedly love?"

I can tell he's starting to get upset, and I'm phrasing everything so poorly he thinks I'm cheating on him!

"No, stop! I would never cheat on you, sure I enjoy spending time with my coworkers, just like how you hang out with James."

I turn to walk away and he grabs my wrist violently, and starts to drag me to the bedroom.

"No, stop, you're hurting me," I cry out, trying to free my wrist.