Chapter 2

When we arrived at the Deep Sea Bar, the clock already pointed to three in the morning. Compared to my memories from my teenage years, the bar's decor had undergone a dramatic change. The new renovation not only enhanced the overall ambiance but also attracted more customers. Honestly, apart from during investigations in the past, I had never been awake at this hour.

The bar's owner was a burly uncle whom we affectionately called "Big Guy." His figure was massive, and even now, he could easily stand shoulder to shoulder with Benjamin and me.

However, to my surprise, the policewoman seemed to completely ignore my presence. After following me to the Deep Sea Bar, she went straight to Big Guy to inquire about Luna's situation, leaving me on the sidelines as if I were invisible.

I glanced around and noticed significant changes in the bar's facilities. Over the years, it had expanded in size, and the decor style had been completely revamped. However, what caught my attention first were the surveillance cameras scattered throughout the bar. These cameras covered every corner, monitoring every move in the bar without blind spots.

"Boss, I'd like to know if Luna has exhibited any unusual behavior lately..."

"Hello, I'd like to ask, are the surveillance cameras here operational twenty-four hours a day?" I pointed to the cameras overhead and asked the boss.

Evelyn frowned slightly and gave me a disdainful glance, evidently displeased with my questioning. However, she didn't say anything, just silently stared at me.

I realized my interjection might have been a bit abrupt, but once we accessed the surveillance footage, we would naturally know who Luna regularly interacted with. After all, according to the information, Luna had no hobbies, and her life consisted of work and taking care of her family, so this bar was the only public place she frequented.

I wasn't wearing a police uniform, so when I said this, the boss seemed confused for a moment before realizing and replied, "Oh, yes, we installed the surveillance cameras last year because there were always some troublemakers coming to steal customers' wallets. So, I installed the cameras. If you need, I can pull up the footage. But may I ask what happened to Luna?"

"Oh, nothing..."

"Just now, her body was found..."

I pursed my lips and didn't continue my previous sentence. If it were just a simple inquiry, the boss might have been willing to tell us everything without reservation. But once it involved a murder case, anyone would become cautious. Moreover, he could choose not to get involved in Luna's death because his relationship with Luna was merely employer-employee.

"What, she's dead? This... this, Luna has been working for me all this time, and her performance has been good. How could she suddenly die? It must be her husband. I heard them arguing on the phone a few days ago." The boss panicked when he heard about Luna's death, immediately becoming flustered and explaining to us eagerly.

I nodded thoughtfully and then asked, "So, do you have a girl named Scarlett working as a cashier here?" I glanced at the counter, where a man in his thirties was busy. Obviously, he wasn't Scarlett.

  "Scarlett was here just now; she's probably in the restroom. What's going on? Is Scarlett involved in this?" the boss asked, looking surprised.

I chuckled and waved my hand, telling him not to think too much about it. Then I turned to Evelyn and said softly, "The women's restroom... I can't go in. Could you...?"

"You've already said enough; shouldn't you do some work?" Evelyn said, giving me a disapproving look.

My face turned red, and I hurriedly explained, "No, no, I just asked a few questions, don't misunderstand. But even if I stand outside the women's restroom, people might think I'm a creep." I said helplessly. Honestly, this policewoman had never been very friendly towards me, and her questioning style indicated that she was a straightforward, aggressive person. However, there were some things she might not be suitable to handle, such as the situation today.