Chapter 15

Everything is great. No, really. I can see the look of surprise on your face. Everything's great. All that's happening is Victoria scaling a mountain. Nothing much.

Victoria scoffed, "vampire was acting ridiculous and arrogant!" She said to herself, "he doesn't understand why I need to do this." Victoria's cloak, which was draped around her shoulders and its hood was up, caught itself on a rock. Victoria tripped, falling backwards. Nothing laid behind her to support her and keep Victoria from falling. "Oh, what a good fortune that has fallen its way down with me, I shall see my parents soon," Victoria said, sarcasm dripping from her voice as she fell.

Usually, most people would be screaming bloody murder they fall to their literal doom. But the Lady of Knolas manor is not a part of "most people." Yes, I am aware that this story is becoming more and more unhinged. It gets weirder as we go on. Something that smelt like fresh copper made in a forge - like the one Victoria was breaking into - caught Victoria in its giant metal jaws. "Oh, what misfortune has fallen its way down with me," they mumbled.

As Victoria found herself ensnared in the metal jaws a sense of foreboding settled over her. "What misfortune has led me here?" she whispered, her breath trembling in the oppressive air. The scent of copper grew stronger, causing her to steel herself for what was to come. Suddenly, a low metallic creak echoed through the chamber as the jaws tightened around her.

"This wasn't part of the plan," Victoria muttered, her voice betraying a hint of fear. In that haunting moment, a chilling realisation dawned upon her, as she knew the journey ahead would be fraught with peril and darkness.

...

Victoria set her hands on the roof of the metallic creature's mouth, trying to pry it open. Her attempt failed but she still continued. The flying beast opened its mouth to roar. Without the creature's second row of sword sharp teeth, Victoria would have fallen out. She saw something both wondrous and absolutely horrifying.

Demidragons of all breeds flew around the top of the mountain, the direct opposite of where Victoria needed to be since the forge was in the heart of the mountain. Victoria sighed, sitting down. "Sadly, I did not get to slap the demigod and tell him he is an idiot. I shall have unfinished business to do when I pass."

The dragon, which Victoria examined to be a newer design of Demidragon, maybe a new prototype, landed on top of a rock. It launched Victoria out of its mouth cavity.

As Victoria rolled off the rock and onto the dusty mountain top, dragons flew away. Victoria stood up. Then she tripped on her own feet. "Ugh," she wiped the dust off her arms, knees, and shoulder. Victoria looked up. "What?-" All the dragons had left, taking everything beside a giant hunk of metal.

It wasn't a hunk of metal. It was a giant, clanking, monster of a dragon. It was Pyr, Sfryi's first and best dragon. Pry was made to fight. Victoria narrowed her eyes. Pry dashed towards her, Victoria laughed, flames bursted in her open fists.

In a thunderous clash, the mechanical dragon's metal scales clashed against the girl's fiery aura. Using her powers, she manipulated time to her advantage, laughing as she dodged its mechanical claws with swift movements.

With each step, she left trails of blazing flames in her wake, while the dragon spewed jets of steam and fire. As the battle intensified, Victoria manipulated time, freezing moments to evade the dragon's attacks and then unleashing torrents of flames upon it.

With a final burst of energy, she unleashed a fiery blast, melting the dragon's metal exterior and bringing an end to the mechanical menace. Victoria sighed, "there goes the hopes of Sfryi's blessing!"

With determination in her eyes, Victoria sifted through the molten remains of the mechanical dragon until she unearthed a gleaming key. Gripping it tightly, Victoria tossed the key onto the ground. Rock split, revealing a magnificent forge. She trotted down the stairs, ready for anything.

Victoria ventured deeper into the forge, where the heat pulsated with an ominous rhythm. Descending into the depths, she encountered the trio of hybrid metal dragons. The half-dog half-dragon snarled menacingly, its metallic jaws glistening in the fiery glow. Beside it, the half-frog half-dragon croaked ominously, its mechanical limbs poised for attack. And looming over them all, the half-lion half-dragon emitted a fierce roar, its molten mane casting shadows against the chamber walls.

Undaunted, the girl approached, her gaze steady as she inserted the key into a mysterious lock. With a resounding click, the forge rumbled to life, and the metal dragons stirred. They regarded her with hostility, sensing something dangerous in her presence.

Embracing her unique abilities, Victoria extended her hand, radiating fire, dodging the trio's advances to tear her to shreds.

As she finally defeated the Demidragons that remained on the mountain, Victoria strolled towards a large door. "Finally," Victoria paused."I've found it." She laughed, loud and chaotic, the door unlocking and swinging open. "Even the gods shall fear me, a mere mortal!" Victoria announced.

...

"Exactly!" Leif exclaimed. Einar poked her head up from out of the metal scraps. "What? Did you find the correct chemical salt for the poison wheel?" They asked. Leif shook his head, grinning, "no, sister! I finished the claw!" Leif held up the claw made of bronze metal wires, gears, and two switches inside of it. Einar climbed out of the pile. She tripped over another wire. Leif laughed. "You are so clumsy!"

"I am seven years old, Leif," Einar huffed, standing up, "you are ten, you do not have an excuse for being a clumsy being. I do."Leif rolled his eyes. "You are simply envious that I am a better version of you, Einar!" Einar frowned, "I'm telling mum!"

"What will she do? Force us-"

"Out of the work room!" The sibling's mother yelled.