Chapter 13

"Nez is completely out of all control," said Sih, god of night, father of Kaikos, Krenlis, and many other night deities. "I agree," Agon, god of games replied, tossing a tangled violin string in his hands and catching it. He repeated the action again and again. His jester's hat's bells jingled as the string was thrown. "Agon, brother, stop doing that," Ena demanded.

"No, no, go on, Agon! Your sister is foolish! Continue!" Malum laughed. "Son, please, don't bother with Agon," Melgan demanded. Malum rolled his eyes. "You are so annoying, parent," Malum said, crossing their arms. "I am simply trying to-"

"Council, please," Zen declared. Everyone, except Aabet, fell silent. Zen was the first god. The first being that created the universe. The MoonCrow, Shka, Melgan, Sih, everything was created by Shka. He was the most threatening yet unthreatening thing in existence. "Aabet, my creation, gather the DustBlood and/or oil needed for Sfyri's invention. If he has extra left, send it to the mortals." Aabet, goddess of noise nodded, she stood from her throne and ran past a few pillars, then she was gone.

"Now," Zen walked to his throne, which was in the middle of the 21 gods who were a part of the Anax, the main gods worshipped. "We will discuss Nez," he finished. "Don't speak the traitors name," Helik demanded, "she left us! She betrayed us!" Kaikos smacked his shoulder. "Silence!" Zen yelled, "names hold power, hers is only a part of my own. We can speak of her, using her name, Helik." He rolled his golden eyes.

"Nez is out of all control, my father is right, she is. She has Luminos, the god of crystals and light on her side, Luminos was an asset to my sister's and my army," Krenlis looked to his father. Sih nodded. "Zen, I am not doubting you, but, the power you can give and take away from all of us, in the Anax and out of, is almost unimaginable. I say almost because every single one of us has either heard of or seen what happened to Shawnee when they were young and defied you."

Shawnee used to be a mortal, they were a part of the first humans made. They were running through a field of flowers, smiling and laughing. A few storm clouds rolled over, sprinkling rain on their head. It was pleasant...until Zen took the form of their favourite bird, a dove, and told Shawnee to go back to their home and prepare for a storm. Shawnee didn't believe that the clouds and rain would evolve into a storm, or even a deadly storm.

Then, the storm hit, half of Shawnee's village was destroyed, fortunately, only the farm-half of the village was destroyed, the homes and people were alright. Shawnee wasn't aware of it while they talked to Zen, denying everything he said. The sound of the winds surrounded the town, blocking the sounds of screams.

Once they found out, they were devastated. Zen decided to give them a second chance and turn Shawnee into the first ever aura, wind spirit. Now, there were thousands of them, all friends of the first of their kind. Now, every once in a while, Shawnee visits their old friends and family in the underworld.

"I've heard, from the aura, that Nez has other aura, nymphs, and a few other creatures on her team," Helik chimed in. Krenlis look at him like he was crazy. Helik was confused. "How would you get the time to talk to the aura? They're only free during the day. Which is when you're working."

"Uh..." Helik trailed off, "Kaikos! Cousin, do you have any information about Nez?" Kaikos nodded. "Avoiding questions, I see? Well, cousin, I do have information," she paused for a moment. "A few of my servants have seen Nez's army gather together." Sfyri nodded. His throne was made of many things of bronze; gears, pipes, and many other metal pieces decorated the god of the forge's throne.

"Which servants and which realms?" Sfyri asked, his voice deep and raspy. Kaikos sighed, "The Relicta Forest."

...

"So," Alexander began. Everything was currently awkward. Everyone except Benjamin, who was guarding the torch-lit halls, Alexander, Koibito, and Victoria were awake, which left Jason to be fast asleep in the guest room. "Isn't it cool that we've got Jason and me-"

"Jason and I," corrected Victoria. Alexander nodded as he spoke, "yeah. Isn't it cool that we've got Jason and I, best friends for seven years, Victoria and Benjamin, master and servant, and Benjamin and Koibito, siblings, on our quest?" Victoria set down her wrench. "I never agreed on being a part of the quest. I was sought out as an ally, not a partner in fighting an evil and all-powerful deity."

Alexander frowned, slightly. He turned to Koibito, hopeful. "We don't know if my brother is the shapeshifter you're looking for. He just so happens to be one," answered Koitbito. "And," they continued, "I just so happen to be a nymph." Needless to say, yet I'm going to state it, Alexander was crushed.  "Oh," he muttered sadly. He looked to the floor and sat a few feet away from Victoria. "Tree, go to bed, I have the moon-sun glass in your room for gaining energy," Victoria demanded. Moon-Sun glass was a type of glass, commonly used for windows, that takes the Moon Crow's rays and turns it into the sun's. It's the same for the sun and the Moon Crow's rays.

Koibito nodded and left. "If it makes you feel any better," Victoria tossed Alexander a scroll filled with ramblings and sketches of Knolasian architecture. It was amazing. Everything seemed so lifelike but it was only a few sketches made from ink onto a beat-up paper scroll. "Alopex is a shapeshifter and, as you know, Evaria is a nymph. They have helped you on your journey and might be the missing pieces to the quest and prophecy."

Alexander smiled. "Thanks, Victoria- Wait. Are you helping me?" Victoria laughed, her free hand covering her mouth. "I-" Victoria stopped laughing. "I actually think I'm trying to help you," she said, "ew." Alexander laughed. "I'm glad we know each other! Well, I would have said 'I'm glad we're friends!' but..." He trailed off. "Anyway!" He looked back to Victoria. She grabbed a blank scroll, a quill, and a pot of ink.

Maybe, simply a slight chance, having new people in your life isn't too bad. Also, stop calling me Einar.

With hate, Victoria of Knolas

Victoria sighed. "Alexander, may I tell you something?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"You are the only person to ever...Erm. I cannot remember what you all call the word."

"Flirted with you?" Alexander asked. Victoria nodded. "Yes. You are the only person to ever flirt with me," she finished. "Hey, Victoria? Isn't the Relicta Forest in another continent? How did you even get to LampShade?"