A Very Short Chapter

We all finished eating our dinner and started to head to bed, when Jax leaned against the opening to my door in front of me, blocking me from opening the door.

"Can I talk to you a second?"

"Gee, must be urgent if you're refraining me from sleeping. What is it?"

He started scratching his neck nervously.

"I just wanted to let you know that..."

I started mindlessly swaying as I was standing, staring up at him. He look down and me and giggled.

"You just can't sit still, can you?"

"Guess not." I chuckled.

"Anyways I just wanted to... Well it's hard to talk to you if you keep shaking!" He exclaimed playfully as he laid his hands on my shoulders, trying to keep me still.

I was still giggling. "What's so funny, huh?" He asked with a grin.

I was laughing so much I couldn't articulate any words. I didn't even know why I was laughing. It was probably nerves.

"Stop laughing or I'll give you something to laugh at!" He started to tickle me.

"Stop!!" I started screaming and yelling. It only made him tickle harder.

I grabbed his hands and held them down. I was completely unaware I hadn't let go. He sure was though.

"Ok, ok. What are you wanting to tell me so bad?"

"I just wanted to let you know.." He reached up and gently touched my chin, tilted my head up higher. I saw his face go red along with my own.

"Everything I said back on the ship was true. You're really adorable." He told me seriously. "Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise."

My face broke into a smile.

"Goodnight, shortcake." He dropped his hand from my chin, then slipped his other away from mine.

"G-goodnight... cottontail."