Chapter 3 | The Summer Breeze!!!

Start from the beginning

---Not Long Later---

Walking out of the local public changing room. Unto the sand, I look across the beach, witnessing kids, teens, ships, humans alike racing around, playing, swimming, sunbathing, talking to each other, jogging, etc. I could hear the waves, the seagulls, kids shouting and playing! Teens complaining about school, adults catching up with each other, and boomboxes playing music! "Bulllll shiiiiit" I hear off to my local right. Dreadnought Delaware shouts, teasing the cruisers. "Uh huh? You old over glorified bathtub! Couldn't keep up with a fishing tender!" Australia taunts in a joking manner! Waving a hand and pacing away before returning. "Ship speed has nothing to do with speed in a volleyball match! An you KNOW IT!" Delaware makes clear, arms crossed as the two cruisers tried to convince him otherwise. "Yeah! Keep telling yourself that!" Duquesne huffed with a smirk, arms crossing as he did. I grin smugly, approaching, speaking as I neared.

"Wanna see if that little theory sticks?" I ask, Delaware looking back unto me, them at me. "Ohhh shit! It's Alaska! Shouldn't you be freezing up in a northern port right now? Do you even know how to play volleyball?" I jokingly admit. "Hell no!!! An I'm still gonna kick ass at it!!" I talk a big game! "haha! That's the spirit boy!!! Let's send them crying home to they monarchies!" Delaware shouts hyped up, extending an arm! We both fived each other and had this little fancy five handshake! "To the net then! Let's send them eagles crying mate!!!" Australia shouts fist bumping his friend, lifting the volleyball, and leading us towards an unoccupied volleyball net. Atop a towel, beneath an umbrella, a blue haired woman eating on a frozen treat stares back at us in silence. I don't see her doing it, but she seemed interested in what was about to go down! IN OUR VOLLEYBALL BATTLEEE!!!! (The most epic of battles I'd say!)

 I don't see her doing it, but she seemed interested in what was about to go down! IN OUR VOLLEYBALL BATTLEEE!!!! (The most epic of battles I'd say!)

---Time Skip---

Diving across the sand, tossing sand around me as I knocked the ball back into the air with my hands! The ball moves forwards towards Delaware! Jumping as it passed, Spiking the ball straight over the net! Diving to get it! The cruisers are to slow! The ball slams into the ground between the two and bounces! Another point for us! "FUCK YAHHHH!!!" Delaware shouts, walking around doing this little show off walk. Flexing his muscles as he did! Getting onto my feet, he extends his hand out! I slam mine into his, pulling each other close! and bumping chests. We then separated. "What's that!? 3 to 4?" I ask Australia as the two stood up, panting. "Yeah! Three and four. Damn! You guys are better than I was expecting! You sure you haven't played before?" "No sirrrrr! First time!" "Damn! Must be beginner's luck!" Duquesne seeks a playful excuse for my good performance! "Right! Right! I bet!" I speak playfully sarcastic as we all got back into position!

"One point to win now, right?" Delaware asks for confirmation. "Unfortunately!" He shouts back. By now this small crowd of on lookers had formed around us. Vessels, kids, adults, teens. You name it, they were watching, some directly beside the event! Some from afar, some from the water, etc. "Alright! Your serve!" I shout at them, in position! They toss the ball into the air, then gently bounce it from their hands over the net, Delaware stepped forwards, I stepped back, letting him control the net! Knocking the ball back over. They repeated the process a few times, speeding up as they went along, moving further and further back, before they switched up. Knocking it back far over into our side. I stepped back, move in position, and give a relatively good hit! The ball curves over the net towards the right back corner! Australia knocks it straight up into the air towards his friend. "I got it!!!" I shout at Delaware as his friend jumped and spiked it straight over Delawares head for the ground behind!