Chapter 2

** Ashley Theron**

I woke up, my eyes opening to the familiar ceiling which I have seen almost my whole life.

'I had that dream again', I thought. I have been having the same dream or rather nightmare every day since that night when I was 14. Two years passed since that incident.

I, Ashley Theron, of all people, should have gotten over it by now. Considering that I am the sole offspring of the greatest vampire hunter and have the Theron Blood running through my veins.

People possessing the Theron Blood are said to be ideal for vampire hunting. We are slightly stronger than normal humans; also our greatest advantage is that our blood is poisonous to vampires.

Ironically, it was actually the ancient vampire who granted the Therons this power. For world peace, it seems. How noble.

I looked at my face in the mirror, my hazel green eyes looked as if it could use a few more hours of sleep. My finger subconsciously traced over the bite mark, it was a faint scar, but it was there. My black shoulder length hair almost fully covered it.

'A bite of honour, I think,'

Shaking off the eerie memory, I headed down to the kitchen where my dad was toasting some slices of bread.

"You are up already!", he said as I came down the stairs.

"Well, shouldn't I be? It is my first day of high school after all," I said. "Good morning"

"Good morning dear, and I know you are tensed but please try to be on your best behaviour today, don't accidentally kill someone." said dad

He was referring to the incident where I threw a knife, butter knife, at a vampire out of anger when he bullied my friend, Lily(a human), and accidentally hit his heart. Oopsie.

My dear dad is actually a lone werewolf, who had abandoned his pack for the love of his life a.k.a. my mother. On the other hand, my mom is a vampire hunter queen. How they got together and had a kid is beyond me. But thanks to that I got both werewolf and vampire hunter blood flowing inside.

Since werewolf blood acts as poison for vampire and hunter blood acts as toxic, I ended up becoming a living vampire canon....imagine being able to kill by just making them drink your blood..so cool.

The high school I am going to is actually a mixture of vampires along with hunter and a few humans who are basically food for the vampires.

I really don't know what these people are thinking; they are literally gathering ingredients for disaster.

"Well my dear dad, please don't worry. I'll be fine and I won't hurt(or kill) anyone. See you." I said with a toast in my hand, heading towards the door.