At The Court, Vicitm 3 (Part 4)

The subsequent victim to testify was Li Na. When asked by the lawyer if she recognized the defendant, she affirmed. Naveen, growing increasingly agitated, protested that he was not the culprit. The judge intervened, admonishing Naveen to maintain decorum in the courtroom and allow the victims to present their accounts.

Prompted by the lawyer, Li Na proceeded to recount her ordeal. Identifying the perpetrator as Kesavan, she disclosed her employment as a cashier at a local grocery store, where Kesavan was a regular customer. Noteworthy was Kesavan's habit of generously tipping Li Na during his visits, a gesture appreciated given her modest monthly income. Additionally, Li Na found solace in Kesavan's fluency in Mandarin, which facilitated communication given her limited proficiency in English and Malay.

As their interactions progressed, Li Na's desire to meet Kesavan outside of work grew. One evening, after the store had closed, she invited Kesavan for a private conversation. However, the encounter took a sinister turn when Kesavan offered her a drink, causing her to lose consciousness. Upon awakening the next day, Li Na discovered the cash register emptied and her subsequent dismissal from her job left her devastated.