𝟎𝟎𝟕. sokka finally finds. . .love?

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

𝐊𝐘𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 and was met with a group of little kids surrounding her, they were bombarding her with questions

𝐊𝐘𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 and was met with a group of little kids surrounding her, they were bombarding her with questions. To be honest, Kya missed this, she missed having younger kids come up to her, but right now, it felt more overwhelming than playful. 

Though she had spoken to them for a minute, Suki, the warrior who had spoken to the leader, had helped her and shooed the kids away. Katara and Aang walked out after her while Sokka had had been waiting for everyone. 

On their way to one of the halls, Sokka tried to start a conversation with Suki, which in Kya's opinion was a failed attempt but she wasn't going to say anything.

He said, "I get it. I know why you wanted us off your island.  I'd have done the same thing. It's a big responsibility, all these people's lives in your hands. Personally, I take that responsibility very seriously."

Suki didn't seem to be listening and kept walking in front of them. Kya looked to the side towards Aang who was fighting to smile at the scene. She nudged him and the two chuckled, though Sokka looked back and glared at them. 

   "I, uh. . .I'm the guardian of my village, too, so. . ." Sokka started again only for Suki to interrupt him. 

   "You?" she said. 

   "Yep."

   "A guardian?" she continued. "So how are you protecting your people if you're here?"

Sokka answered quickly, not thinking of his answer, "What? I'm not." Then realised and said, "I mean, I am. I may... I may not physically be there, but still... That is, I'm... I have to save the world first."