Dealing with emotions...

Dilan spent days in a numb state. Baran tried to open the subject many times, but she wasn't ready to talk. She went over her memories many times. But Dilan could not remember her mother, scent, voice, and touch. However, she remembered Mr. Hikmet. More than memories, they were still photos of precise moments in her mind that, with time, had worn out, making it difficult for her to see them clearly. But they were there. That man was the closest she had to his mother. But the man himself was a stranger. Since the day he came to the summer house, they have talked over the phone two times. Both were short calls. Besides exchanging pleasantries, what mattered to Dilan was to learn as much as possible about her mother. The man did his best to answer her questions. Still, it was not enough for her. Dilan was frustrated with herself. She didn't know how to manage what she was feeling. Frustration would sometimes turn into anger. And in those times, she wanted to be away from Baran. She didn't want to unload all of that into the man she loved. It was not fair to him. Thankfully, he was not with her at the moment. Derya had called for an urgent meeting, and he needed to be at the company.

Dilan was in the backyard, trying to occupy her thoughts with Foundation work and enjoying the fresh breeze. Zeynep kept her informed via email. She made some calls to different benefactors. She needed funding for a new project. They wanted to build a new orphanage. The Foundation managed one, which was proven to be too small for the current demand. Sadly, the number of orphan children was on the rise. Orphan children like her. She began wondering what her life would have been like if, instead of living with the Demirs, Mr. Hikmet had left her in an orphanage. While she was pondering the possibilities. She heard steps on the grass. 'So soon?' It hadn't been that long since Baran left. A male shadow appeared, and her brother-in-law followed. "Cihan?" Dilan was surprised to see him there. "Dilan?" He came to her and pulled up a chair to sit. "What are you guys doing here? I asked my father several times and got no answers. So I told myself, I will go to them if they don't come here." Dilan smiled. "I see. Would you like me to bring some tea or coffee?" She got up and was ready to head to the kitchen. "Dilan, what is ogoing on?" She turned to look at her brother-in-law. In the short time they have known each other, Cihan had become a real brother to Dilan. He would come to her for advice and help with his studies. He was among the first to cheer on her and Baran's relationship and with her work in the Foundation. Her brother always had her back. But she feared his reaction to her truth.

Baran didn't want to leave Dilan alone in the summer house, but he had no choice. Derya called for an urgent partners meeting. Kerem assured Baran she had not sold her shares. But this could not be good. He could feel it. Baran was pacing his office. His father, his uncle, Firat, Kerem, and the other two partners were there. However, there was no sign of Derya. His friend approached him. "Brother, calm down." Before Baran could answer him, Derya went through the door. But she was not alone. Close behind her was Timur. Ms. Gözde's son. Baran tilted his head with furrowed brows. "What is he doing here?" Derya smirked. "Patience, dear Baran. You will learn in a few minutes." Timur was standing with confidence and had a triumphal expression on his face. "I call for this meeting because I've decided to take some time off from the company..." Baran moved forward with clenched fists. His friend held his arm. "During that time, Mr. Timur will serve as my proxy in the company. Therefore, in my absence, you will be dealing with him... This will come into effect immediately. Timur dropped a folder in the table while saying. "Here you have the necessary documents to this effect. So, yes. We will be seeing each other often now." Baran wanted to slap that smug smile off Timur's face, but he held himself. This was not the time to do so. He took a deep breath and addressed all the shareholders. "Being that the case, Kerem would instruct you on the company's inner workings, and he will provide whatever information you require. Let's end the meeting for now and reconvene following the regular schedule."

Baran turned and heard Timur speak. "Not so fast, Mr. Baran. There is something I would like to discuss with the whole board." Baran moved slowly. He looked at his uncle, who was enjoying the situation. "And what would that be?" The man handed a folder to everyone present there. "I'm introducing a motion to remove Mr. Baran Karabey as CEO of Karabeys Holdings because of his inability to close the deal with Mr. Burak, resulting in the loss of a considerable amount of money and future gains coming from that deal. Therefore, I nominate myself for the position, and I'm not coming empty-handed. In the folder, you will also find the new contract with Mr. Burak that Mr. Baran could not close." Timur sat down and crossed his legs in a show-off move. "Not only that. Mr. Burak has agreed exclusivity with us." Baran was livid. This was their plan all along. "Very well, if you have finished, Mr. Timur. I call for a vote on your proposition. All in favor, do it by a show of hands." Three people raised their hands, and Baran was not surprised by this uncle and Timur. But the other. That was a blow. The man was a long-time family friend who always praised Baran for his work and supported his every decision. However, everyone could be bought, that was clear. Kerem spoke again. "It is a tie. Therefore, the motion does not pass as the company's status clearly states that any motion introduced in a shareholder's meeting should be approved by half of the partners plus one, as the voting results did not meet those standards. The motion is dead. Timur got up and picked up the documents. He looked at Baran before leaving and said. "For now."