Putting things aside for someone else's happiness...

The week went by in a blur. Dilan ran around with her sister, getting everything ready for the wedding. She was enjoying spending time with her, but she was also exhausted. It was Friday, late at night. She was returning home with Baran after the henna night. They came into the mansion, trying to be as quiet as possible. They reached their bathroom, and Baran went straight to their room. "Baran." Her husband didn't answer. She took a peek inside and saw him lying in bed with his eyes closed. He must have been as tired as she was; after all, he took Dilan and Zümrüt around all week and waited for them just as he had promised. Dilan smiled to herself as she admired the man in front of her. Baran was quiet but thoughtful and serious around others, but he was soft and fun with her. She was lucky that he allowed her to see into his private world. She was the only one allowed in, only her. Dilan returned to the bathroom and got ready for bed. On her way to their room, she took Baran's PJs. She could not let him sleep like that.

Baran was fully dressed, with his feet hanging off the bed. Dilan sat next to him. She didn't stop herself from caressing his face. He made a soft sound, acknowledging her touch. She whispered to him. "Baran, you need to get change." He moved his head towards her direction, but he didn't open his eyes. "I'm too tired, Dilan. I'll sleep like this." She tried to get him out of his suit. "You will be more tired tomorrow if you sleep with your clothes." He complied and turned to make things easier for her. When the jacket was off, he lay flat on his back. Dilan got up and took his shoes off, then his socks. His toes stretched, and she smiled. 'Just like a baby'. She urged him to get in a better position and help him get out of his shirt. When she moved on to the pants, he grabbed her by the wrists and pulled her. She was now on top of him. "Baran!" With sleepy eyes and a raspy voice, he said. "I've missed you this week; you barely had time to look at me." Dilan brushed the strand of hair that had fallen on his forehead away. "I'm sorry for that. You are right. But the wedding will be done this weekend, and then I'll be all yours. Promise."

Did he hear her correctly? After the wedding? "No, Dilan. Now. I need my wife now." She laughed. "I don't see how that is funny." She laughed some more. "You are right. It is difficult to see when your eyes are closed." She tried to get up, but he held on to her. "We are in a playful mood, aren't we?" He heard her giggle. And now he had to open his eyes. He could not miss it. "Oh, Mr. Karabey, you decided to wake up. Welcome, welcome..." That beautiful smile did not leave her face. "Dilan!" He said in a warning tone, but his wife was not faced by it. She handed the shirt to him. "Why are you trying to put cloth on me? It is you who needs to get out of yours." "And what would happen if I take my clothes off?" Baran heard her voice, but it was like she was miles away. He felt as if his eyelids weighed a ton. He could not keep his eyes open. So he gave up. "Nice try, Baran." He felt Dilan moving him around and putting the blanket on top of him. Then he felt her warmth next to him. He spooned her, and she cuddled against his body.

When Baran opened his eyes again, morning had already taken over the room. He searched for his wife, but Dilan was not in sight. "Dilan!" He called for her. "Dilan!" No answer. He looked at his phone to check the time: 11 am. He overslept. There were also several messages from the office. He would get to them later. He went to the bathroom to clean himself and get ready for another busy day. He didn't remember being this tired with his own wedding. The door of the bathroom opened, and there she was. Dilan was carrying a tray with food. "Room service for Mr. Baran Karabey." He smiled and moved his head sideways. The things that she would come up with sometimes. "Your wife manifested you had complained about being neglected, so she had this ready for you." She walked past him into the room. He followed her and helped her by placing the table in front of the couch. "Thank you, sir." She left the tray and turned to him. He encircled her waist. Her hands were on his arms. "I just miss you, Dilan. These moments alone with you. I missed having you all for myself." Her hands went to the back of his head, and she scratched his scalp with her nails. That motion sent electricity down his body. "It has only been a few days, Baran. And we've been together all the time." He left her and sat on the couch. "I see you have not missed me at all."