CH 20

Seeing Crosshair and Tech exchange a questioning glance before turning their attention back to me, I feel a pang of uncertainty. Tech immediately begins to scan my injuries while Crosshair observes closely.

"It's just a flesh wound, see?" I attempt to reassure them as I concentrate, using the Force to accelerate the healing process. However, to my surprise, the wound remains unaffected.

"Odd, it should have healed by now," I mutter, perplexed by the lack of progress.

Tech examines the scan results more closely, his expression growing serious. "She's been poisoned by the claw wound," he announces, his voice tinged with concern. "The first stage resembles drunken behavior."

Tech nods, acknowledging the urgency of the situation. "We need to get to our ship for an antidote for the poison," he declares, his tone urgent. "There's a common medicine onboard that can cure the poison."

Hunter's voice booms through the commons, directing Crosshair to provide covering fire as they make a run for the ship. As shots ring out in the air, I lean heavily on Tech for support.

"Do you have any other tools?" I inquire, noticing Tech's fidgeting. He retrieves some bandages, and I can't help but tease him lightly. "Oh, Tech, I didn't know you were into that. I'm willing to try," I say with a wink, trying to lighten the tension. Crosshair overhears and scoffs, "He wishes."

Tech wraps up the wound on my side where I got clawed, I start to giggle uncontrollably. "Tech, you're handsy, and stop tickling," I manage between laughs, trying to swat his hands away, but he moves too fast for me. Suddenly, I feel another pair of hands lifting me up into the air, and I scream in surprise and thrash around. Eventually, I land on Wrecker's shoulder, panting from the sudden excitement.

As I spot two large animals behind them, I giggle and remark, "Look, there are two kitties like me! Can we adopt them?" However, all four of them respond with a firm no. "Aww, but they look so small and cute!" I protest. Tech appears in my field of vision, and I tease him, "Hey Tech, why are you running so slow? I'm not even breaking a sweat, and I'm faster than you!"

However, Tech's response is serious, "She's starting on stage two; she's going to hallucinate very soon. We need to get the medicine before the second stage ends." His concern is evident as he emphasizes the urgency of the situation.

I start bouncing more on Wrecker's shoulder, feeling increasingly uneasy. "Ugh, I don't like this anymore. The 'kitties' are no longer kitties, but very scary monsters," I whimper, attempting to wriggle out of Wrecker's hold, but to no avail. Desperate to defend ourselves, I begin swinging my arms with each bounce, trying to trigger the rocks to fall on the monsters using the Force. However, as the hallucinations progress, even moving becomes difficult, especially my arms. Panic sets in as I struggle against the effects of the poison.

As I panicked, some of the rocks began to fall, blocking the monsters' path. Feeling a surge of relief, I pumped my fists in a little victory dance. However, my celebration was short-lived as I noticed bugs crawling on my arms. I screamed and frantically tried to swat them away, but more kept appearing.

Suddenly, Crosshair appeared in my blurry vision, and I looked to him for help. "Get these bugs off of me!" I pleaded, desperate for relief. He grabbed one of my hands, but I struggled to free myself, wanting to get rid of the bugs.

"Crosshair, you're not helping me!" I protested, my voice tinged with frustration and fear.

"But I am helping you, love," Crosshair replied softly, his grip tightening around my hand.

As the ship came into sight, Tech's voice cut through the chaos. "The ship is in sight, Crosshair. How is she faring?" he called out, concern evident in his tone.

Reaching their ship, Wrecker lays me down gently. With my hands now free from the transfer, I start frantically hitting myself to get the bugs off. Crosshair moves quickly to restrain my arms, pinning them down above me. Despite my struggles, I can't free myself, and Hunter and Wrecker work together to pin my legs down as well. Hunter's face fills my vision as he tries to calm me down, but I can only manage to sob between gasps for air. Tech rushes around, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the chaos. I look at Hunter desperately, feeling overwhelmed by the situation, and then I feel two sharp pinches.

"There, she has the cure, and I've administered a sedative to help calm her down while it takes effect," Tech says with a sigh of relief. Despite the sedative, no one lets go of me; they continue to hold me down. My breathing starts to slow, becoming less harsh with each passing moment. I begin to regain feeling in my limbs, noticing a comforting circular motion on my wrist. Hunter continues to stroke my hair gently, encouraging me to slow my breath, while Wrecker sits at the end of my legs, loosely holding them with one arm. Tech leans against the wall of the ship, monitoring my condition closely.

"Next time you need me for a job, do not, I repeat, do not destroy my ship again," I huff, burying my head into Hunter's hand. Despite my frustration, my body begins to relax, but I suddenly feel cold. The boys start to release me, but Tech, who had been monitoring my condition, notices my dropping body temperature.

"Move her to the bed, and Wrecker, you have the most body heat right now. Take off your armor and keep her warm. Her body temperature is irregular," Tech instructs urgently.

Hunter lifts me up and gently places me on the bed, while Wrecker begins to remove his armor to generate more warmth through skin to skin. As Hunter starts to peel off the sweat-drenched clothing from my body, I feel the bed dip next to me, and a comforting warmth envelops me as Wrecker wraps his arms around me. Snuggling closer to him, I hum contentedly.

Meanwhile, the other three start to tidy up and put things back in order. The activity around me and the warmth of Wrecker's embrace begin to lull me to sleep.