"Yeah, um, Scotty will play because he makes nine, we got a whole team now. Y/N can play because her throws are nice, like the one you've seen yesterday, and can be an additional backup." Benny says.

"But she's a girl." Squints comments.

"Yeah, yeah, how can a girl play baseball?!" Yeah Yeah asked.

"We're wasting time." Benny scoffs at their question. You were a girl he liked, no one could speak so badly about you like that! "Let's go to the Sandlot." Benny then said.

"Benny it's 9:00 in the morning!" Bertram complained.

"It's 9:00!" Squints repeats.

Benny ignored them whilst walking near you. Scotty tried to keep up, but he was left trailing behind, so you went behind with him so he wouldn't feel alone. Benny had his whole original team with him, so no way could he feel alone.

Though you could feel his eyes trailing off behind him-where you were.

"I'm scared. I already messed up, again." Scotty muttered towards you.

"They'll warm up to you." You said, more of a hope and dream.

"How? I can barely even do anything." Scotty complains.

"Just let it play out! If today is bad, then we don't have to do this again ever if you don't want to." You planned.

"I wish I could go back to Montana." Scotty wished.

"And I wish I could bring you back with me to NYC, but we can't. So let try this out for now!" You encourage.

"Come on, Benny, man, the kid is an L-7 weenie." You both heard Squints' loud voice, and looked at each other.

"Never mind, I see what you mean, man, boys can be bugs." You roll your eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Oscar Mayer even. Foot-long! Dodger dog! A weenie! Both of them!" Yeah-Yeah joked even more, making you livid as the boys laughed.

"What are you laughing at, Yeah-Yeah? You run like a duck, and Y/N's single throw already outdoes your normal ones." Benny spat.

Yeah-Yeah hesitated, man, he really did need to practice his passings. "Okay, okay, but I'm, I'm-"

"Part of the game, right?" Benny asked.

"Hmm, yeah!" Yeah-Yeah agreed.

"Then how come they don't get to be?" Benny brought up.

"Cause they're geeks, man. The boy can't catch. And she's a girl trying to dress like all of us. She's supposed to be wearing dresses and shopping with her girlfriends." Bertram spoke.

"Man, base up, you blockheads." Benny snapped and walked towards you and Scotty, who didn't hear one single thing besides Yeah-Yeah's huge yelling.

"Smalls, you take left center, okay?" Benny ordered, "Princessa, hm, take left."

"Okay. Um, where exactly is that?" Scotty asked.

"Yeah where is mine too? Shouldn't I be out? I'm an extra person." You ask, Benny was walking away but turned around.

"Over there." Benny answered, he was starting to believe you hadn't had a clue about baseball.

You and Scotty look to each other before running near the very back, where the field looked much paler compared to the grass. He was on your right and you were on his left. You both were spread apart, not attached to hip.

"It's here, right?" You call to Benny, who turned around quickly.

"Switch, then you guys are good." Benny redirected.