Ch.10: All Comes Crashing

Start from the beginning

Arriving at an upper floor, the two found Biggs sitting against the pillar support beams with two specters surrounding him. The specters noticed the two and quickly flew away. "Biggs!" Y/n called as they took to his side.

 "Biggs!" Y/n called as they took to his side

The Avalanche soldier chuckled weakly. "You guys made it... though... I might not. Hey, is Wedge..." "He's fine." Y/n reassured. "He's getting patched up." "That's... good to hear. Could've used some extra padding myself." Biggs began to cough. "Don't talk. Save your strength." Cloud advised. "It's... pretty bad up there. Y/n... Cloud. Promise me. Don't let it be for nothing." He lifted his hands which the two quickly took. "We won't." Cloud promised. "We'll make these bastards pay for messing with us." Y/n said, trying to lighten the mood. Biggs chuckled. "You guys are good men. Giving me that... that comfort." Biggs' hands spilled from Y/n's and Cloud's as his breathing became weaker. "Oh, one more thing. The Leaf House. It's an orphanage. In the Sector 5 slums. The kids... they're great. I used to vist-" Biggs groaned and began to cough once again. "That you'll have to do yourself." Said Cloud as he shook his head. "Lemme guess... bit a fan of kids?" "No." "But you have so much... in common." Y/n and Biggs chuckled while Cloud couldn't find the light in the situation. "Good luck... guys. Our future... is in your hands." He slowly lifted his hand and gave them a thumbs up before ultimately succumbing to his wounds. "This isn't over." Cloud said with a shaken voice. "Rest easy Biggs." Y/n said as he patted the man's shoulder.

The two marched forward, they attacks against Shinra becoming more ruthless as they fought their way towards the upper floors where they would be spotted by a chopper. "Testing, testing." They heard Reno's voice from a megaphone. "Attention, Avalanche scum! We know all about your evil plans to destroy the pillar. But the Turks- ahem! But Shinra- that's us- won't let you get away with it! So go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of, or something! That oughtta do it, right?" The chopper's gattling gun took aim at the two and began to fire. "You ain't got nowhere to run!" Reno laughed. Y/n quickly conjured Ziedrich and shielded himself and Cloud as they rushed up the stairs. "That's right, forgot he could do that." Y/n and Cloud took cover. "Not good." Cloud said. "Throw down your weapons and surrender." Said Rude. "Shinra does not negotiate with terrorists!"

Back at the pillar gate, Tifa had knocked falling debris away from Aerith and Wedge. "Thank you!" Aerith gasped in amazement. "That was a close one." Said Wedge as he rose to his feet. "How is it?" "Much better, thanks." More explosions erupted from the pillar. Tifa turned to the other two. "I'm sorry. I can't stay here. I have to help them." "Go." Aerith nodded. "Follow your heart." Tifa was about to take off, but stopped. "Aerith, there's a bar in the center of town, Seventh Heaven. I need you to-" "Get Marlene to safety. Right? Its okay. I'll find her." Tifa was shocked at how Aerith know what she was going to say. Nonetheless, Tifa took Aerith's hands into her own. "Thank you." She turned to Wedge. "Can you take her to the bar for me, Wedge?" "Consider it done! Now get up there and kick Shinra's ass!" Tifa nodded and then turned towards the pillar.

"Come on, Seventh Heaven is this way." Wedge began to lead the way, but stopped by the crowd. "You guys can't stay here! Come on, come on!" Wedge rushed towards the Shinra soldiers blocking the gate leading out of Sector 7. "You have to open the gate! If you don't let these people through-" "Back off!" The soldier pushed Wedge off, knocking him to the floor.. "It's not gonna happen!" "Wedge!" Aerith rushed to his side. "I'm no good. Not to anyone up there or down here." "That's not true Wedge. Don't give up hope yet! We could still save a lot of lives!" "You don't think we're gonna stop them from dropping the plate, do you?" Aerith stammered. "I wanna believe that we can still win somehow." "Mhm." "But... something in my gut tells me we're due for a reckoning. Just this... feeling. Know what I mean?" "Yeah. I do. But... that's no excuse to give up. I don't wanna look back one day... and wish I'd done it different. Right here, right now, I need to know I did everything I could." The crowd gaspsed, causing them to turn towards the pillar where a machine came crashing down and exploded. Wedge looked at the people around him before turning to the guards. "I don't know what's gonna happen next. But I am sure I don't wanna regret the choices I make tonight. Our lives are in your hands. If you don't open up, we're all gonna die!" One of the Shinra soldiers pushed open the gate. "Close it!" Commanded the other. "No, sir! I will not obey that order! This way everyone! Quickly! Quickly!" The soldier began to usher the crowd passed the gate, despite the other trying his best to stop them.