elegant skater | 11

A/N: I'm not a figure skater (but I wanna be) so apologies if I made
______________________________________________________

"I'm sorry, I'm late" I shouted thru the ice rink so Damon and my coach could hear

"It's fine curi go get changed", my coach, Vienna said, nodding I went to the locker rooms to get changed into something more appropriate for practice.

"Well you certainly took your sweet time" Damon, a 6'4, platinum blonde and hair, the most deepest blue eyes, and alsomy ice skating partner told me jokingly

"Well unlike you I actually have a life outside these four walls", I replied back rolling my eyes

"I'll have a life once we win the Olympics" Damon lived for the spotlight, dedicating his entire life to figure skating that he sometimes forget to just be a kid.

"Yea keep dreaming ok?" I pushed him slightly and he chuckled at that, then we started practicing. After a while we managed to perform our routine perfectly, and with that our coach pulled us aside

"Damon, curi" she started once we got near her at the rinks boarders

"Yes coach?" Damon asked, I just looked at her waiting for what she has to say

"The competition is happening next month in case you didn't know yet" she said, that gave us one month to think of 2 pair routines, and 2 solo routines each.
"Damon, you can do a quad axel for your solo performance" Damon's face lit up with this.

"Really coach?" he asked not believing

"Yes, so don't make me regret it" she let out a smile,"you've been working really hard lately so you deserve it" with that she let us go back onto the ice again.

"I can't believe she's letting you do a quad axel" I said being excited for him, a quad axel is a very hard jump in figure skating and this is also the reason why so many skaters careers ended. Damon had a bad fall 2 years ago due to the same jump and everyone was scared to let him do it again.

"This is it, the start of my career" he said daydreaming

"Your career has already started the day you became the youngest state champion Damon" I tried convincing him, tho I'm really happy with him being my skating partner because of his dedication for it, sometimes he cuts himself short and forgets his past achievements.

"Yea but that was when I was 8, people already forgot about me curi, if they see that I'm better now, I might get recruited to bigger agencies" he replied

"Damn well don't forget about me you big shot" I said laughingly, we continued to work on our routines and gradually made it better, with Damon's reassurance I even decided to put a triple axel in my solo routine.

I love ice skating, I've had since I was a child, when Im on the ice it's like I forget about everything and focus on my routine, with the air hitting my face I felt euphoric. I met Damon when I was 6 and we became partners at 9, he was better than me at first since he started way before me but over time when they realized that we had good chemistry they paired us up. I wouldn't say that I was the best, but I'm good enough to win competitions and state championships.

We went and practiced another routine for our duo performance and by the end of it we heard applause from someone in the crowd, confused as to who it was since the rink was supposed to be empty today. (The vid from above)

"HARRY" I said excitedly once I spotted him at the bleachers, me and Damon approached him to see why he was here

"You guys were amazing" he told us, then he directed his attention to Damon, "and you were mesmerizing, spectacular, and out of this world talented"