grounded | 4

Natalia's POV (curi's mom)

As I'm pacing around the kitchen, I thought of a million excuses as to why my daughter did what she did.

"Nat you need to calm down, she's safe now" Ben said glancing up from what he was doing

It's been a few hours since we got home after having lunch with one of the hopefully new investors. Looking up at the clock it read, 11:47 am,

sighing I said,"I know, I know, it's just that, why wouldn't she tell us about this?".

I felt tired, I guess spending the early mornings worrying whether your child was still alive can do that to you.

Just then Ben walks towards her, and embraces her , I felt my body relax in his touch.

"She's ok now,ok?",he reassured

Melting into his touch, I nodded.

Pulling away from each other, Ben went back behind the stove and continued cooking while I just sat there admiring him.

"Now how about instead of staring at me, which btw I love" he said while showing off his muscles, I chuckled.
"Can you help me over here?, curi will be here in a few minutes so I don't think I'll finish in time"

Nodding I went to help him finish making lunch.

Curi's POV

My pulse was racing as I was opening the door, my Head wasn't hurting anymore which was good, but I was terrified, I knew my parents were upset, and I hated that.

"I'm home", I said my voice echoing in the empty room

"KITCHEN", I heard a man said which I figured out was my dad

Taking off my shoes and coat at the foyer, I head to the kitchen. It was a Short walk there since the dining room on my right was attached to the kitchen,

"Mom,dad" I said once I entered the room looking down

Suddenly warm hands wrapped around me holding me tight, the smell of lavender filling my senses

"Please don't ever do that again" my mom said while trying to hold back tears

Hugging her back, my dad suddenly went to join in on the hug.

After some time, we finally pulled away, then I felt someone slap my hand, looking I saw my mom with flames in her eyes

Uh oh

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME CURI?!?" she started, "ME AND YOUR DAD ALLOWED YOU TO HAVE MORE FREEDOM THAN OTHERS BECAUSE WE TRUST YOU"

"Mom I'm sor-"

"NO, BACK WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I WASN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO BE OUT PAST 10, AND I DIDN'T WANT YOU TOO MISS OUT ON YOUR YOUTH SO WE ALLOWED YOU TO DO THINGS WE WE'RE NEVER ALLOWED TO DO"

She had a point, my mom was raised by a religious Catholic family, tho she doesn't talk to her family anymore,nor have I ever met them, for reasons I don't know. she and dad has allowed me to do soo many things. Yes, people sometimes think it's negligence when they find out that I'm allowed to drink, party, or that my curfews at 11:30, sometimes I could even just text them that I would be out past that and we won't have a problem.

Trust is one of the most important things for them, therefore we had one rule in this house hold, no lies. That was easy since I don't ever lie to them, I've always been taught never to lie so I am terrible at it. Of course there was a loophole to this rule, if they don't ask then I don't need to tell them, they respect this since most of the time, the secret is just about teen drama that doesn't concern them.