If so, then why does he feel so paranoid?

~~~~~

[Kobeni POV, 1st Person]

The Next Morning

Hello?

Um, can you hear me? Does this thing work? How does this even work…

Hi, um, my name is Kobeni, and I work for the Public Safety! I’m a part of Division Four with the… uh… people. People? Maybe, I don’t even know anymore…

Patrol can be rather nice sometimes, nothing much happens, which I very much prefer. These people stare too much! I should get some mochi or something nice tasting…

I look around at the area around me, usually the place is rather busy, but not as much today. I wonder why? I wonder how Y/n is doing…

I continue on my solo patrol, walking around and staring at the nice-looking sidewalk as I hear a sound emanate from the nearby corner on the street. And I hear screaming!? What is going on?

And then I hear it. The loud, gross-sounding thumps, like a wet sponge slapping against the ground.

What am I looking at? The screams! Ah! What is this thing? Nonononono!

My legs! I can’t feel my legs! I need to go! I have to leave! Why right now?

Flesh… Nothing but pure flesh! It looks as if several people were mashed together into one. Teeth, hair, eyes. Its mouths groaned out in a twisted hint of pain and terror, as the mouths kept chomping at the air. So many eyes littered its body, all of them sporadically moving with animalistic wildness.

It was terrifying.

My lunch poured out of my mouth as the monster crashed into a building, on its three bulbous legs as it grabbed a person with its large, misshapen hand.

“AH! WAIT! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE-”

Oh god.

The monster bit the man in half, blood spewing out of its mouth and the man. His face etched with pure terror froze, his eyes looking directly at me.

I’m sorry.

I need to go.

I need to run.

I must run.

So why am I not running?

The beast moved towards its next victim, the few stragglers who reacted late to the monster. This thing wasn’t human.

What do I do!?
WhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdoWhatdoIdo!?

My legs feel as if someone froze them stiff, so cold that moving feels so slow. Breathe, breathe, breathe! I don’t have time for this! I must run! I can my legs slowly gain feeling as I turn away from the horrific scene. I have to be quick-

MaMa! PlEaSe! GeT uP!

A child!? Damn it! I dared to look back once…

I wish I didn’t.

It was right there, maybe a few meters away, its arms stretched over. It was so fast! There was no child, only a monster who set a trap.

And I fell for it.

I’m dead. I’m so dead!-

~~~~~

[3rd Person POV]

“Are you this cowardly?”

Her eyes widened in shock, was her life flashing before her eyes? Pure, white space, deep within Kobeni’s consciousness and memories. She was just about to die right now, so why was Y/n here, speaking to her?