Sparks

“Mankind knew that they could not change society, so instead of reflecting on themselves they blamed the beasts.”

~~~~~

Previously…

“C’mon, slowass.”

Aki scoffed at him.

…He would just wait and see.

He ran after him, slightly running into someone. The individual wore what appeared to be a suit.

“Ah, sorry.” The young, suited man simply gave him a smile and a little wave.

“No problem, safe travels!”

Despite the odd choice of words, Aki continued on as the man watched on.

Y/n glanced over his shoulder, looking at the man who was looking at them. They locked eyes for a single moment.

His look hardened.

Something was up.

~~~~~

Y/n sat in his bed, a determined look on his face. He slowly breathes in and out, closing his eyes as he tries to meditate.

Cursed…

The whispers made it hard, but he was used to them at this point. He can feel the world fade around him as he succumbs to light unconsciousness.

Opening his eyes again, he finds himself in the now familiar grassy terrain of his soul. Climbing up the hill, he finds no one there. He was confused, as usually one of the two Vassals would be there to greet him, but not this time…

He sat down from across the rose, staring deep into it.

What was it that he had to figure out? He thinks back to the punch he received from the horned man. What kind of attack was that?

He felt odd, looking at his soul. It looked… tired-

You.

His heart jumped as he leaped up, turning around to see an eye out of all things. The large, red eye appeared out of nowhere, leering at Y/n as the area got more and more darker. It was clear it was not here to make peace.

You will kill all of them.

Y/n paled slightly. He knew what this thing was. The eerie part about it was that it sounded so much like him. It spoke too casually as if it was a given that it would happen. That it’s inevitable.

He hated it.

You hate?

The being tore open the rift in space, revealing its long black claws. The wind picked up. The area got darker. A petal darkens.

You don’t. You know what you are, and you like it.

It cackled slightly, as Y/n ran up to it, trying to strike at it.

“Get the hell away from here! I have already defeated you!”

What!?” it asked incredeously, before howling in laughter.

There never was a battle!” It said, before reaching out towards Y/n with its massive-

The man immediately woke up, covered in beads of sweat as he slowly got his bearings. His eyes scanned the room as he let loose a breath. The darkness has spread. But how? Why?

At this point, he mentally feels better than he had his whole life. To be honest, his current life is ten times better than his time scrounging around the lands. So what was there to be afraid of, right?