Hope Is Not The Goal

"Given our recent influx of monsters, the Sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention," Ric explained as we were in one of our morning meetings.

"Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls, Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux, didn't come home last night," he spots me and gives me a little smile and wave, earning one back, "Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." The pictures of Dana and Sasha were getting passed around.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now, while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst," as Ric was speaking, I zoned out. I could hear MG and Kaleb talking, MG thinks that Kaleb had something to do with this. But well, he didn't. Or did he? I don't remember.

"Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make all the difference," says Ric

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that heroes do," says Lizzie, standing up in front of the room, "So, I volunteer as tribute."

"So do I, it's been a while since I went to Mystic High," I stand up.

Hope sighs as I sit back down, I look at her in confusion.

"She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly, she's Mother Teresa," she says.

"Give her a break, at least she cared to stand up, unlike others here," I say

"I'm in," Kaleb stands up.

"I stand corrected," I say

"I'm in, too," MG stands up.

"Once again, I'm corrected," I say

"I'd like to help," Hope stands up and looks at me as I smile and stand up once again.

***

As we get off the bus to Mystic Falls High, I take a good look around, "I missed this place. Changed a bit, though."

"You really used to go here?" asks Hope

"Yeah, when I was friends with Bonnie and Caroline. It's where I met Stefan, Damon's younger brother," I shrug

"Just as I thought I was getting to know you, guess I barely know anything yet," Hope chuckles.

"Oh, honey. You only know the salt of the meal," I say, then I overhear Lizzie and Landon talking.

I think Landon bumped into Lizzie, "Sorry, sorry." I hear someone laugh at this. I look to see some random jock, he looks goofy as heck, like Peter Pan from Once Upon A Time, but goofier.

"I was making an entrance, mophead," says Lizzie, ah, typical Lizzie.

"Sorry. I just had a flashback to my freshman year here," says Landon

"Girls are missing, so get your wedgie trauma in check or leave," says Lizzie

I roll my eyes and look over at Lizzie, "Girl, don't worry. No one cares what happened. Besides, he bumped into you, you didn't bump into him. All the bitches here care mostly about whether someone's simply hot, so just act like nothing happened. Or, ya know, focus on the mission." By the time I finish saying this, Hope is beside me.

"Whatever, here's the deal. Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you went here. Hope, you try not to deliberately alienate the entire student body while the rest of us save the world," says Lizzie