Gargoyle

"Alright, gather together. Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch... Where's Penelope Park?" asks Dorian as he's teaching in class.

"Probably somewhere making sure her hair looks nice," I mumble, I don't exactly hate Penelope, she did care about Josie a lot, but I don't love her either. She's done some things that I don't agree with. I don't know what to feel about her, there's just something about her that seemed off to me. Felt like she was fake or whatever. Guess I'm just mad at her for breaking up with Josie over literally nothing.

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams," says Lizzie

"Sorry I asked," says Dorian, making me chuckle, "A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow." Since we were just talking about a period, everyone started to laugh. Then a flying note found its way into our classroom.

"Uh-oh, who's in trouble with the headmaster?" asks Josie

"Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school," says Hope, who is sitting next to me.

"Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman, Y/n L/n, and baby makes 4," says Dorian, looking at Hope, "Off you go."

***

"This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?" asks Lizzie as we walk into the library.

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here," says Ric

"Well, you weren't mad last night," says Lizzie

"Oh, I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage," says Ric

"In their defense, those kids are literal bitches. Kinda glad they got a taste of their own medicine," I say, Ric glares at me.

"But... I guess there were better ways to handle it?" I say

"I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time," says Ric

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it pleases the court?" asks Lizzie, Ric gestures to her to go ahead, "First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure. And secondly, if anyone should take the blame, it's Josie."

I scoff, "Sure, just blame your sister."

"I'm sorry, who even are you?" asks Lizzie

"New student at the school, your dad used to be my guardian," I say

"What? He never told us about you," says Lizzie

"Wow, Ric," I say

"I told you about Y/n a lot of times, girls," says Ric

Josie looks at me with wide eyes, "Wait, you're Y/n?"

"Yup," I say

"Dad said that you were like the age of our mother, her best friend even," she says.

"I was, well, I am. But I'm stuck at the age of 17. So technically, I'm your age." she nods in understanding.

"Well, nice to meet our mother's best friend and supposedly our new friend, if she even is... But back to what I was saying," Lizzie looks at Josie, "I totally cracked under cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball--"

"Yeah, okay..." says Josie

"You'd still be in trouble," says Ric

"But nice job throwing your sister under the bus," says Hope