Keep your friends close

Hanna stared frustratingly at the mirror she had in her locker. "Okay. I need to ask you guys something." She said in all seriousness. "And I need you to be totally honest with me."

"Of course." We answered. "Yeah."

"Is this side of my face fatter than this side?"

"No."

"Yeah" I replied at the same time as the others. They stared at me. "What? She said be honest."

Just then Mona walked towards us with something that looked like invitations on her hands. "Hey. The first one's for my bestie." She said giving it to Hanna. "And one for each of you, my bestie's other friends." She handed the girls one dismissing me, not that I was complaining. "I'm sorry I ran out of invitations." She told me with a fake smile, which I returned.

"Aww, I won't have to pretend to like you for a whole afternoon? Poor me." I replied sarcastically.  I rolled my eyes and walked away, suddenly stopping when my phone rang.

"Camp Mona's a scavenger hunt and I'm the prize. Come and find me, bitches. —A."

<><><><><><>

Hanna and I entered the kitchen and found our mom yelling to someone on the phone. "Ugh! Screw you."

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah."

"Can we help?" My sister added.

"I'm handling it." The door bell rang and mom left to see who was at the door. Hanna grabbed the phone and dialed the number mom was taking to and put it on speaker so I could hear it.

"You've reached the A1 Mortgage Company's department of delinquent accounts and foreclosures. Please select from the following menu—" I hanged up the phone when we heard the front door close and shared a concerned look with my sister as Ashley entered the kitchen, Mona right behind her.

"It's the birthday girl." Mom announced.

"Happy birthday." Hanna smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "And that's my cue to leave." I said before leaving for school.

<><><><><><><>

I walked through the school hallway while talking on the phone with Theo. "So I heard my sister talking about how you guys were going 'glamping'?" He asked. "Is that some sort of cult I should be aware of?"

I laughed. "Definitely a cult but don't worry it's just Mona's birthday party, to which by the way, I'm not invited."

"Why?"

"Because apparently not only does the devil like Prada, but also manicures in the middle of the woods. And she doesn't like her."

He laughed. "Well then I'm glad you are not joining her cult."

"Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, Emily Fields... Hanna Marin, please come to the office." I heard the principal call.

"I have to go. Talk later?" I asked.

"Definitely. Bye."

At the office the girls and I sat on the couch. I was fidgeting and biting my nails nervously, hoping whoever walked through those doors wasn't Wilden.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Agent Cooper." A woman said when she entered the office.

"FBI?" Spencer asked.