Reality bites

I got to the part I agreed to meet with Theo

I got to the part I agreed to meet with Theo. I found sitting on the swings with a thoughtful expression on his face. I approached and knelt in front of him grabbing his hand.

"Did you know?" He asked.

"Know what?" I asked confused.

"My dad was cheating on mom." He explained.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry Theo, I swear I had no idea." I said, but he didn't say anything. "What did you think that I knew?"

"Apparently Aria has known for a year and dad convinced her not to say anything."

"I swear to you. I didn't know." I repeated.

He looked at me for something unknown. "I know." He whispered. "I never doubted you, but I had to ask."

I stood up and sat on the swing beside him. "I know this is a stupid question, but are you okay?"

"No. But I'll be okay." He said. "Thank you for coming."

"I'll always be here for you Theo."

"Me too. Even if I wasn't always." There was a brief silence. "Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "Did you forgive your dad?"

I hesitated, I didn't want him to hate his dad like I hated mine. "No..." I said carefully. "But it wasn't because he cheated or divorced my mom. I didn't forgive because he preferred to be with a woman he barely knew over his daughters." I explained. "You can hate your dad because it's what you need to do right now. But unlike my father, he'll fight for you and will try to make things right."

"You think?"

"I know." He looked at me and suddenly realized what I was wearing and took off his jacket and placed it on me. "Thanks." I said standing up. "Now come on." I extended my hand for him to take.

He stood up and took my hand. "Where are we going?" He asked.

"You'll see." I smirked.

<><><><><>

Theo and I spent out most of the night. We went to a diner in Philly and we laughed about its terrible food, then we drove around for a while, windows open and music blasting. And about five in the morning we snuck into my room and collapsed exhausted, but it was the most fun either of us had had in a while.

Not long after we fell asleep my phone started ringing like crazy. I groaned. "Who is it?" Theo asked more asleep than awake.

"The girls." I said getting out of bed. "I should have met them last night."

"Sorry." He whispered sitting up on the bed.

"Don't apologize, last night was best night I've had in a long time and where I wasn't drunk." I said.