01

In the waning light of the evening, the courtyard of King Kongpob's palace buzzed with anticipation. Servants scurried about, making final preparations for the grand birthday celebration that would soon commence. As the king surveyed the scene with a satisfied nod, a servant approached him, bearing a huge, ornately decorated box.

"Your Majesty, a gift has arrived for you," the servant announced, presenting the box with a reverent bow.

Kongpob's interest was piqued. "A gift? From whom?" he inquired, eyeing the intricately adorned box with curiosity.
"It bears the seal of Prince Vikram of Lionheart, Your Majesty," the servant replied, his voice tinged with deference.

A shadow passed over Kongpob's features at the mention of Vikram's name, his suspicions instantly aroused. With caution, he accepted the box, fingers tracing the delicate tiger like stripes patterns etched into its surface. "Prince insists it to be opened at the celebration, your majesty" The carrier from lionheart informed stuttering.

"Very well." Kong nodded the gift to be taken away. He mindlinked his General Wad to check the gift before it was brought to general attendance of tiger shifters.

..............

" I think you should see it before bringing to general attendance" Wad's cautious tone over the mindlink made his hackles raised.

"Anything I would want Prince Vikram's head for?' Kongpob mindlinked.

"May be ..maybe not" Wad said nonchalantly.

Kong promptly visited the cellar where the box was placed. Carefully, he lifted the lid, revealing its contents.

In the dimly lit cellar, Kongpob  lifted the lid of the inner box, revealing its contents. His breath caught in his throat as he beheld the magnificent creature within.

Before him laid General Arthit Rojanapat, the majestic Tigrilon, injured and battered. His once beautiful white fur was marred by missing patches, evidence of the brutal treatment he had endured. Kongpob's heart sank as he noticed the tail, once thick and luxurious, now cruelly cut at the end, branding Arthit as a traitor.

But it was the sight of the slave tattoo branded onto Arthit's back that sent a shiver of rage down Kongpob's spine. The symbol of bondage and oppression, stark against the Tigrilon's fur, served as a cruel reminder of the injustice inflicted upon him.

Arthit laid chained in thick, blood-crusted chains, his beast bearing the marks of his suffering. Kongpob's hands clenched into fists at his sides, his gaze flickering with a mixture of rage and sorrow.

"What do you want me to do with him?" wad asked.

" Remove the chains and clean his wounds. Find him clothes and feed him."

"Don't forget his fool lion heart got him in this trouble Kongpob" Wad advised in his cryptic style "Atleast he has excuse of lion foolery running in his blood, you don't"

"What do you mean to say?"

"You can't take away his chains before Prince Vikram presenting him at court."

"I bloody well can. "

"Yes, you can. But not before branding yourself as traitor sympathist or an unfit King. You know Prince Vikram is playing for this outcome."

"Then what do you want me to do? Let him rot here like this?"

Wad frowned " Do something that will get him out of this chains and not tick the elders of five felines. "

"What do you want me to do ?"

"Grow a brain your majesty." Wad retorted bowing.

"Do you know if you weren't my brother you would have been executed thrice a day for contempt against throne"