Chapter 6

"I'm on the way to uni right now but good luck on quali." Gio said walking out of her apartment building with her earphones in her ears.

"Thank you, hopefully I'm on the front row." Carlos responded from the other end of the phone.

"Oh you definitely will,"

A few moments passed before Giovanna asked, "What does that mean again?"

Carlos laughed at her clueless tone. "It means I get to start on position one, two or three on Sunday." Gio hummed in understanding.

"Oh, I get it now. But I'm sure you'll be on the front row, you're a great driver Carlos. I mean, you drive for Ferrari and from what I've heard, only two of the best drivers drive for it."

"And who did you hear that from?" Carlos asked. "My uncle back in Joburg, he likes Formula one so I asked him about Ferrari." Giovanna answered crossing the street.

"Well, thank you Vanni. It feels nice hearing that from you." He said making Gio smile to herself. She briefly looked down at her sneakers before looking up ahead and continuing her journey.

"It's true."

They talked for a few more minutes before Carlos asked, "Are you ready for your exam?"

"I think so," Gio answered as she arrived outside the gate of her university. "I'm about to get into campus so wish me luck.

"Good luck on the exam. I wish I could talk more but I'm about to head onto the circuit for quali."

"You should go do that, we'll talk later." Gio said. They said their goodbyes before hanging up.

Giovanna scanned her student I.D at the gate and entered the campus when the gate opened for her. She began her journey to the exams rooms on the other side of the university.

"Gigi!" Giovanna turned to find the source of the voice.

A blonde curly-haired boy ran towards her with a huge grin.  "Oh God." The South-African sighed.

"Hi Luca." Gio gave him a tight smile before turning back and continuing her walk. "Gio, I told you to call me Lu." Luca said throwing an arm around her shoulders.

"And I told you that will never happen."

Lu was my uncle. Gio wanted to say that but nobody at the university knew about the death of her uncle except Isla.

"So how was your break? Did you miss me?" Luca asked earning a scoff from Giovanna. "It was good and no, I did not." Gio answered.

"You know you did. Anyway, there's this new place that opened up by Duomo Di Milan and we definitely have to go try it out, just you and me."

"Oh I know, I went there with a friend last week and Luca, I can't stress this enough; I'm never going out with you."

"You're cute and really sweet but I'm not good for you, goodbye Luca." Gio said before walking ahead leaving Luca behind.

He watched her retreating figure with smile before licking his lips. "She'll come around." He muttered before walking to the engineering faculty building.

Carlos walked onto the Jeddah Corniche Circuit while waving at the fans shouting his name. He smiled at amount of cameras and phone pointing at him as he made his way to the Ferrari garage.

His teammate, Charles Leclerc joined his walk a few feet down. "Hey mate." He greeted.

"Hey, you think practice three will be better?" Carlos asked. Practice one and two hadn't went as well as he'd hoped.