Chapter 27 : Wounded Soul

Start from the beginning

Hearing her, some of the captives came out and saw her......

A human actually looking like a small injured animal on the ground. No movements, bloodied all over, no one can say whether the girl is still alive. No one reacted for a while, slowly Freya took steps towards the girl, and sat down beside her. She saw her chest moving, and moved her hand gently to touch her, but afraid as her body is covered in blood.

Her face filled with tears, after all even after many girls were raped in this camp from the start, but this, this is too cruel, not even an inch of the body is actually normal. The girl's whole body is covered in blood, as if she just took a bath in a blood.

She looked at Eva and Eva came and both of them took the girl inside the tent, and laid her on her own area. Eva took out cleaned old clothes and another of the captive came with the bottle and looked at Freya, "Warm water" and goes back to sleep. This is normal here, no one talked since the day they came, they just helped someone if they want, or just ignore.

Freya and Eva cleaned Ayushi, while crying seeing her wounded severe body, her whole back is filled with belt marks, some straight, some criss-cross. Her face swelled like a balloon, lips teared part, eyes black, forehead is heavily injured

Freya moved to her lower body, but everything was fine except the marks of leather belt lashes, but then her eyes moved to her ankles, she moved her hands, and as she observed Ayushi's ankles, they were injured and more say broken, from the marks, she can see that they were strike by the wooden stick.

As Freya gently tended to Ayushi's wounds, her heart ached at the sight of the girl's injuries. She couldn't fathom the cruelty that had been inflicted upon her. With Eva's help, they cleaned Ayushi's wounds as best they could with the limited resources they had.

Because of her, she is in this state, she was the reason, then her mind drifted to that Amelia.

_______________________________________

Next Morning......

Ayushi lay motionless on the mattress, her presence in the tent haunting, like a specter of suffering. Her stillness seemed to weigh down the air, filling the space with a palpable sense of despair.

Amelia's gaze lingered on Ayushi for a moment before she turned to face Freya, her expression a mix of contempt and defiance. "Move," she commanded, her voice tinged with a coldness and ignorance.

Freya met Amelia's gaze with an icy glare of her own. "Happy now? Seeing her state?" she retorted, her words dripping with bitterness.

"What do you mean?" Amelia asked, her voice betraying a hint of uncertainty.

Freya's tone turned accusatory, her words cutting through the tension like a knife. "What I mean? Do you think nobody can see through you? Huh? You're nothing more than an evil witch."

Amelia recoiled slightly, her eyes widening in shock at Freya's accusation. "Are you blaming me for her? Ayushi?" she protested, her voice tinged with disbelief.

Freya's anger flared, her words laced with scorn. But, Amelia said, "Excuse me, she ended up like this because she was trying to save you. So, stop blaming me, and take a good look in the mirror yourself."

A flicker of fear danced across Amelia's features as Freya's words hit the sore spot. The truth of her involvement in Ayushi's plight lay bare before her, undeniable and damning. But before she could respond, Freya continued her verbal assault.

"A woman who was acting as a spy for Erebus and Luke would make such a careless mistake? Not putting the document in its designated place?" Freya's voice dripped with disdain. "Do you take everyone for a fool? You wanted to trap me, and when I didn't fall into your web, Ayushi got involved, and you threw the blame on me? Do you think everyone here is as heartless as you? Willing to watch someone die when they're not at fault?"