CHAPTER 19 - Open Wound.

Start from the beginning

Valerie swiftly ignored his first statement and nodded. Sebastian plucked out the jar from her hands.

"Hey, give it back!" She almost jumped on him.

"Nah. Have you packed yet?" Hovering the jar a a feet over their heads, out of reach of her.

"I will! Later..."

"Now." Sebastian said with finality.

"Alright I'm going." She replied, giving up, muttering under her breath.

Sebastian gave a silent chuckle, then tagged along with her.

When they entered her room again, there was a lot more to do than he had imagined. Turned out, Valerie hadn't even unpacked properly after their arrival. He sighed and said, "Come on, I'll help you."

They started off with her clothes first. Valerie was packing off every piece of fabric around her, or rather, stuffing her suitcase with them. Sebastian remained quiet this time, it seemed she was enough bothered already, so he just occasionally arranged her other stuff.

When they were almost done. Valerie threw herself on the single bed. Sighing.

"We're not done yet" Sebastian said.

"I'm tired, I need more peanut butter." Valerie claimed dramatically. She turned to look at Sebastian. He looked like he was barely holding his laughter. The corners of his lips pulling up with the hint of a mischievous smile.

She sat up. He seated himself beside her next. He still looked funny.

"Am I a clown?" She asked. This time, he really did laugh, and Valerie's expression was so worth it. He wrapped and arm around her, then kissed her shoulder blades.

She tuned to him, a rare glint in her eyes.

She cupped his jaw, whispered a kiss on his lips, he could feel her smile. "In all honesty, I don't want to go back to my so called  'life', if living felt that way. For me, living is like fresh air, filling your lungs. Living is just being with your closest ones."

That, he realised was enough to get his heart thumping erratically

Within seconds, Sebastian's hands had reached behind her neck, tangling his fingers into her messy crimson hair. Then he kissed the corners of her lips.

Immediately their lips found each other. The kiss starting off as any other. But soon they were overpowering each other, leaving them both breathless by the second.

Sebastian could feel her increasing pulse rate, he could feel his own heartbeat ringing in his ears. She pulled away and kissed just below his jawline. Trailing kisses down his throat.

Sebastian tried to form words, the whole English language had seemed to vanish from his mind except her name. He whispered,"Valerie"

"Hmm?" She hummed in response, not looking up. He lowered her onto the bed. Her hands tangling in his curls. Their lips crashed again. The kiss deepened, tounges trying to take control.

His whole body was on fire. He moved her t-shirt over her head. Her hands were under his shirt, tracing lines on his chest. Leaving them both in a state of utter vulnerability.