CHAPTER 7 - Problems from the Past.

Valerie was breathing heavily.

All she could hear was the sound of the fast flowing wind and her own heart beats.

She could see Sebastian getting ahead of her through the woods. But she was not going to make this easy for them. She had already left Julian behind, so obviously Sebastian was no exception.

She increased her horse's speed. God why was Sebastian so hard to beat today?

After trying for a good amount of time and almost jumping out of her horse, she was successful in surpassing him. As she crossed him, she threw back a smirk and almost whispered, "I was not going to make this easier for you, you know."

And she went ahead, searching for a flash of a clearing.

Finally, she noticed it. A huge clear stream near a bunch of trees. The water flowed by thick and fast, yet the place looked calm, almost unreal.

She stopped short and climbed off her horse. Minutes later, the boys followed.

Valerie sat down near the edge of the water and took off her shoes and socks, the pair did the same.

Dipping her feet inside the fresh and cool water, she breathed in the fresh air. Julian sat next to her and kissed the back of her palm.

"That so too much fun." Valerie remarked, still smiling.

"For you of course." Sebastian retorted.

"I am not one to blame for your lack of skills Seb."

Julian laughed slightly at this. Sebastian drew closer to Valerie, she laid her head on his shoulder and held onto Julian's hand.

It was a lovely moment, she realised, and nothing could ever ruin it.

They sat in silence for a while, the evening light warming their skin, the water, although piercing their feet with its coldness, danced about the stream rhythmically.

Julian suddenly spoke up, "How do you two feel about coffee?"

"I need coffee" Sebastian answered first. Valerie too agreed and they prepared themselves for the ride back home.

After they had safely placed the horses inside the stable, they left for a café.

Sebastian parked at a small place nearby. Valerie squinted at the name - Delilah's.

They stepped inside the café and sat down at a table. The place smelled of freshly baked pastries and breads. She looked at her boyfriend - Julian appeared rather cheery than usual and his unusually dark blonde hair gleamed in the sunlight entering through the open window.

Next to him, Sebastian looked like a man from the 1800's with dark hair and thick lashes.

She was beginning to have conflicted feelings towards them now.

Sebastian caught her gaze. Just when he was beginning to say something, a waiter arrived. Valerie felt grateful for the obstruction.

They placed their order after which, Julian began a rather silly conversation.

The time passed by smoothly and soon, it was six'o clock.

Just when they left the café, Sebastian's phone rang. He groaned looking at the caller ID and was going to abruptly reject when Valerie took the phone from him and accepted the call.

"Hey Felix" She started.

"Hey, guess my brother is too busy to pick up my calls. Anyway, mum wants all of home right now, its getting late." Felix swiftly replied from the other side.