Chapter One: A Cry for Help

Depuis le début

"Mar'i, I must get ready for patrol. Grayson and Pennyworth are in Father's study if you wish to join them. I shall see you tomorrow." I walk away katana in hand, towards my room upstairs. 

                                                                                                 0000

Thirty minutes later everyone meets up in the Bat-cave. By everyone I mean, myself, Grayson as Nightwing, Todd as Red Hood, Drake as Red Robin, Cain as Orphan, Brown as Spoiler, Thomas as Signal, Gordon as Oracle, Father as Batman, and Pennyworth as Pennyworth. Nightwing and Father were over by the Boom-Tube discussing Koriand'r. Orphan is communicating to Spoiler and Signal via ASL. Pennyworth is standing and observing like I am. Oracle and Red Robin were at the Bat-computer whispering about some e-mail from Paris. 

"Bruce, you might want to come read this." Oracle says, her voice filled with wariness. Everyone walks over to the Bat-computer as she pulls up the e-mail her and Red Robin must have been speaking about. 

Everyone intently reads the e-mail in silence. If Oracle thought Father needed to see it, it was clearly important. 

Subject: A cry for help

Dear Batfamily,

I hope this message reaches you swiftly, as the situation in Paris has escalated beyond control. It is with a heavy heart and a sense of urgency that I reach out to you for assistance in controlling a formidable adversary. 

Hoaxer, once known as Cerise Bianca, has emerged as a formidable threat to the safety and stability of our city. Using her stolen powers she has plunged Paris into chaos, Hoaxing people who show any type of negative emotion. 

The consequences of her actions have been devastating leading to scenes of pain and death that I cannot bear to witness any longer. As Ladybug, my partner, Chat Noir and I have faced many challenges, but Hoaxers manipulation of emotions and reality present a danger unlike anything we faced with Monarch. 

I recognize the gravity of this situation and acknowledge that defeating Hoaxer will require a united front. Your expertise and experience in combating villains would be invaluable in our efforts to restore peace and order to Paris. 

Time is of the essence, and every moment that passes brings further suffering to our city. I implore you join forces with Chat Noir and I, to stand together against this darkness and to bring an end to Hoaxer's reign of terror.

I await your response with hope and determination, knowing that together, we can overcome the most daunting of challenges.

With sincere gratitude,

Ladybug

I scoff at the ridiculousness of this 'cry for help'. There were no heroes in Paris, nor was there a villain. There especially wasn't multiple, or previous ones. 

"I know what you're thinking Damian, and I thought the exact same thing until I found this." Oracle says before switching from the e-mail to a screen titled 'Ladyblog'. 

There were videos and images of a girl who wore a ladybug costume and a boy in a black cat costume. Guess their names match them perfectly. 

"I started researching them as soon as I got the e-mail earlier. The girl who runs this blog, Alya Cesaire, has been running it for the past two years, she's reported every attack from the very beginning." Oracle says scrolling through all the images and articles. 

"Stop. Scroll back up." Oracle does as Father says, "That video, it's the most recent." She clicks on the video and turns up the sound.

The video opens with a girl in an orange flannel, with orange and brown ombre hair, tan skin, and thick black glasses. The recording device, more than likely a phone, is held close to her face. 

"Hey guys! At the moment Ladybug and Chat Noir are fighting Quiet Place. Weird name am I right? Well, his power is even worse! He can hear any noise, and if he hears you, well, let me just show you the aftermath."  The girl moves the phone towards a street behind her, she seemed to be hiding in an alley behind a trash can. The street behind her was crimson red, no pavement in sight. Human body parts could be seen here and there. 

Behind me someone was gagging, probably Red Robin. Orphan was breathing heavily, Spoiler was repeating 'oh my gosh', Signal walked to the other side of the cave, and Oracle couldn't even look at the screen anymore. 

The girl moved the phone to face her once again, "Yeah, yikes. Don't worry though Lady-" She was cut off by a quick slashing sound. The video cut off, leaving a blank screen in its wake. Everyone, except Pennyworth, Father, and I sucked in a sharp breath. 

"How come we never knew about this?" Spoiler asks her voice shaking slightly.

"Yeah, Bruce, want to explain why nobody ever heard of the heroes and villains in Paris?" Red Hood forced out, the words seeping with venom. 

Father sucked in a breath before answering, "I don't know, Jason. I have never heard of any heroes or of any crime in Paris, let alone that." He gestures to the screen. 

"We have to help them." I say, stopping the silence that had fallen over us. 

 I may be a trained assassin with over a hundred kills under my belt at the age of ten, but I didn't want to be him anymore. Whenever I came to live with my father six years ago, I made a promise not to kill anybody anymore. While he had taken away something I had come to enjoy, he guided me in the right direction. These people didn't deserve to suffer, not like the people that I made suffer. They needed help, and I wanted to willingly offer it. 

"I'll go to Paris. Even if it's on my own." Everyone looked at me, mouths agape. Yeah, yeah, I never did anything just for the sake of good. They probably thought I had gone mental. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a picture of the Batfamily (Damian is still the baby of the family buttttttt he's 16 in this fanfic)